Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andromeda

How to do this effect

• Topic Author
  • So, I'm a fan of JJ Abrams Star Trek Effects (Not so much on the phasers tho) And always wanted to know how I could achieve these two warp effects;

latest?cb=20140621094339&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20091120005658&path-prefix=en

I have never used particles before, but I assume that's what I would use? Thanks!

I would give it a try with tracers. especially the first one. And perhaps the second one you could get away an animated streaky noise on an object. You could also play around with volumetric lights and things like that.

For that lower one I'd make a tunnel and animate the offset of a suitable material along it and combine that with volumetric spotlights. That way you don't need to animate the ship, just everything around it.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • So far I have achieved this;

bd5de779abce4793af8e89e0d4d12368.png

What should I do now?

...some kind of tracing emitter

emitter_tracer.zip

35 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

What should I do now?

I would do the rest in after effect ( take the background and distorts it ) it would be much easier this way 

Also you can put a grid (or whatever) shader on a spotlight

Beam Map.c4d.zip

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, maliohammad said:

I would do the rest in after effect ( take the background and distorts it ) it would be much easier this way 

Would you be able to point me in the direction? In terms of using Premiere Pro?

7 hours ago, teknow said:

Also you can put a grid (or whatever) shader on a spotlight

Beam Map.c4d.zip

I miss understand this C4d file? Could you explain further? As in how I would use it, thanks!

Actually, ignore that, I think my client glitched out when opening it! Thanks for sharing this file.

All you need to do is put the shader on the light. You could start with my shader to see the effect and then tweak it from there.

But to combine work in both C4D and AE is wonderful. Here's something I did purely in AE just to practice making a galaxy and it was easy:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_OFE3Vm5CVVdUNkk/view?usp=sharing

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, teknow said:

All you need to do is put the shader on the light. You could start with my shader to see the effect and then tweak it from there.

But to combine work in both C4D and AE is wonderful. Here's something I did purely in AE just to practice making a galaxy and it was easy:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_OFE3Vm5CVVdUNkk/view?usp=sharing

Yea, after restarting C4d. I finally saw what you had created, and for that I thank you! And wow, thats some nice effects you have made!

Should I change the shadow options on your light to create the shadow effect? Or should I use another light?

Thanks!

The beauty of this method is the simplicity and extreme flexibility. A spotlight works best and you can go into the shader settings and adjust the noise or grids or whatever you have used to get the look you want.

• Topic Author
  • On 1/21/2017 at 4:54 PM, maliohammad said:

Would someone be able to explain how I could make a star as well (Not a light with a lense flare) For example; latest?cb=20091223025456