Symmetry not aligning object perfectly

Guest Taskmaster

Guest Taskmaster

Attached is an image of what I am referring to.

So I modeling a a bird (Rodan, for anyone who knows kaijus) and I did the first half. When I put it in symmetry however, it was not perfectly aligned up and there were several gaps, I circled two.

What is the best advice when aligning it and how can you fill gaps? Also, when I sculpt and "grab" the model together, how do I make the mesh not collide against each other? Or is that okay?

Thank you for the help!

bird.jpg

Guest noobzki

This is because your points in the cut regeion "center" is not alligned to the same pos.
Disable the symmerty and fix up your points so they are at "center" or close to center.

Once you get your points alligned. enable the symmetry again. and do a "Current state to object"

then you can fill in gaps using the bridge tool. weld etc.
Aslo the "connect object" can fix up some errors. but not this much without affecting the rest of the model..

5 hours ago, Taskmaster said:

What is the best advice when aligning it and how can you fill gaps? Also, when I sculpt and "grab" the model together, how do I make the mesh not collide against each other? Or is that okay?

select the edge loop in the middle , then set the scale to 0 , and position to 0 (in the coordinates manager -at the bottom of the screen -) 

and here is a tut about the symmetry might hep you 

Archived