grantpd

Rotated top view

grantpd    1

I rotated the top view (by eye) 45 deg. to help me with a layout.  Is there a way to set this manually?  I looked in the viewport configure pallette but don't see anything that has to do with that. 

Rectro    646

Hi

Are you trying to align the view to be looking on top of a model surface plane?

Dan

grantpd    1
  • Topic Author
  • No.  I had a model that in plan view was rotated about the Y axis by ~45 degrees.  So I went to the top view and rotated it by eye so that a lot of stuff was more or less lined up.  I'd like to be able to do that and undo that with a bit more precision.

Rectro    646

Im not totally sure what it is your asking, but are you aware that you can align any view to the selection of any face so when you view in any orthographic view it appears as if your model is aligned to the camera, not sure if thats what your after?

Plan view I assume is Top view?

grantpd    1
  • Topic Author
  • Yes.  Plan view is Top view.  I am aware of the working plane view.  I'm talking about the standard Top view in the viewports.  If you go to the Top view and click and drag on the rotate button, the Top view will rotate about the Y axis.  In my enclosed capture I have it at roughly 45 degrees.  I'd like to know if I can rotate like that by entering in a number somewhere (it's not in the viewport configuration, at least not as far as I can find).

Capture.JPG

Rectro    646

Orthographic views are locked, never know any app to be otherwise, but the way to get around that is what I said before, use the align workplane to selection. (see image)

align to selection.jpg

grantpd    1
  • Topic Author
  • Clearly they are not in c4d.  I can rotate the top view and all other views no problem.

Rectro    646
    2 minutes ago, grantpd said:

Clearly they are not in c4d.  I can rotate the top view and all other views no problem.

All other views in C4D are only rotation their own Axis.. Right X , Top  Y,  and Front Z  Only thing you can do is add a camera, rotate that to 45 degrees, and view through that?

Dan

bezo    489

Yes, it is posible rotate with orthogonal view, since R15 maybe. There is not single button for revert to default, when you rotate/change accidentally, then press Shift and rotate back. Shift will quantize rotation steps...

Rectro    646
    11 minutes ago, bezo said:

Yes, it is posible rotate with orthogonal view, since R15 maybe. There is not single button for revert to default, when you rotate/change accidentally, then press Shift and rotate back. Shift will quantize rotation steps...

What rotate on an Axis other than its own how?

Best I can get is to add a camera, in the settings set project to top, the in the properties rotate on the P by -45 degrees.

Dan

45 degrees cam.jpg

Rectro    646

Ohh, so is it that your fine with rotating on the Y axis, only you want to rotate it by 45 degrees?  If thats the case then yea as Bezo said hold shift key and rotate it in quantize steps till you get to 45 degrees.

Dan

5890ee6ca16b5_45degrees.thumb.jpg.cfa4021b1d5e7a2c25c860eda3a97d7f.jpg