Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Rendercore Lab

Igor

Not sure what renderer to pick?! This might help!

Igor    467

Webinars from Maxon now available!!

If you have doubts and you are not sure what renderer to choose, here is something that could help.

CoronaMaxwellOctaneVRay

• Like 5

3D-Pangel    183
On 2/6/2017 at 10:42 AM, SIgor said:

Webinars from Maxon now available!!

If you have doubts and you are not sure what renderer to choose, here is something that could help.

CoronaMaxwellOctaneVRay

So I have to ask: But all these tutorials are on "Realistic rendering" and appear to be sponsored by Maxon but there is no webinar on using C4D's Advance Renderer.

So what conclusions are we to draw from this? 

• Realistic rendering is NOT possible in C4D using AR?
  • Has the industry backed away from AR and, left with no choice, Maxon has consigned themselves to the fact and is promoting 3rd party rendering solutions over their own renderer?
  • By promoting 3rd party rendering solutions rather than their own internal renderer, is Maxon backing away from AR?

Overall, not a good sign unless there is something I am completely missing (in which case, please clue me in!!!).

Dave

• Like 1

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • Dave, not sure what to tell you here. But I am sure thats not the case. This was made just to show what and how other renderers work with Cinema and how they are implemented. Maxon is aware that their renderer is not on the top regarding speed, but what I saw on Maxon beta forums is very capable renderer that is already in Cinema. One of the beta testers produced some interior that blown us all away, only thing negative was the speed of the render, trust me, I can assure you would be amazed what Cinema can do, you just need to know how to achieve it. To be honest, I never would thought that something like that is even possible with Cinema renderer. :) 

I would not jump to any conclusion as I am not in position to do that. Seeing the Maxon machinery I can only say I am confident in Maxon decisions and guys from beta team, with Hrvoje included is enough for me to be calm and trust Maxon with their decisions in the future. I am sure with the new core, everything will be possible, so lets wait and see. 

Igor

danijelk    23

SIgor, can you attach here that interior render, I'm curious to see, because I render all my work with Physical render :)?

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, danijelk said:

SIgor, can you attach here that interior render, I'm curious to see, because I render all my work with Physical render :)?

I asked on the forum, so lets hope I can...need a permission, because its a client work and I am not sure can I share it or not. 

bezo    414

I was also surprised that it is not also presented their own renderer. Would be nice to compare results from all solutions regarding of quality and speed of rendering...

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, bezo said:

Would be nice to compare results from all solutions regarding of quality and speed of rendering...

I already suggested that, but members pointed out that would be impossible as many factors needs to be included. But I was all for it, great content for the BLOG!

teknow    259

Speaking as a widdle guy, I am always amazed at how photorealistic the standard renderer can create images and animations with the right tweaking. I think nowadays I am sure in the minority?

3D-Pangel    183
    2 hours ago, SIgor said:

Dave, not sure what to tell you here. But I am sure thats not the case. This was made just to show what and how other renderers work with Cinema and how they are implemented. Maxon is aware that their renderer is not on the top regarding speed, but what I saw on Maxon beta forums is very capable renderer that is already in Cinema. One of the beta testers produced some interior that blown us all away, only thing negative was the speed of the render, trust me, I can assure you would be amazed what Cinema can do, you just need to know how to achieve it. To be honest, I never would thought that something like that is even possible with Cinema renderer. :) 

I would not jump to any conclusion as I am not in position to do that. Seeing the Maxon machinery I can only say I am confident in Maxon decisions and guys from beta team, with Hrvoje included is enough for me to be calm and trust Maxon with their decisions in the future. I am sure with the new core, everything will be possible, so lets wait and see. 

Igor

Don't get me wrong.  I have absolute confidence in the future of Maxon otherwise I would not have purchased my 2017-2018 MSA license back when they had the 30% discount (so I am good through 9/2018).  I just get the growing sense that Maxon is siding with the industry perception of their own renderer and feared that maybe they were coming to the realization that they will never be able to keep up with the 3rd party developers. 

Question: is that interior rendering done with a beta version of the new renderer or with the current version. Confused by " what I saw on Maxon beta forums is very capable renderer that is already in Cinema"

I would imagine it is the beta renderer you are referring to but just wanted to be sure.   Yes...I would love to see the image as well.  My hope for the future of AR:

• Texture channels....but underneath the hood a nodal system for going above and beyond.  
    • Volumetric shading
    • Light emitting materials
    • OpenVDB
    • And my personal nit: More control on the shape of the volumetric spot light (does it have start at a point?).

Dave

JuanRender    2

I love Cinema4D physical render quality.

I think a denoiser system, such as Pixar ´s RenderMan or VRay has, would be a very convenient feature for shortening rendering time with Cinema´s physical renderer...

JuanRender    2
    19 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Don't get me wrong.  I have absolute confidence in the future of Maxon otherwise I would not have purchased my 2017-2018 MSA license back when they had the 30% discount (so I am good through 9/2018).  I just get the growing sense that Maxon is siding with the industry perception of their own renderer and feared that maybe they were coming to the realization that they will never be able to keep up with the 3rd party developers. 

Question: is that interior rendering done with a beta version of the new renderer or with the current version. Confused by " what I saw on Maxon beta forums is very capable renderer that is already in Cinema"

I would imagine it is the beta renderer you are referring to but just wanted to be sure.   Yes...I would love to see the image as well.  My hope for the future of AR:

• Texture channels....but underneath the hood a nodal system for going above and beyond.  
    • Volumetric shading
    • Light emitting materials
    • OpenVDB
    • And my personal nit: More control on the shape of the volumetric spot light (does it have start at a point?).

Dave

Hi, 3D-Pangel.

For sure, Slgor is referring to brute force (almost unbiased) rendering capabilities of AR. It´s a "secret" feature of AR, linked to reflectance channel, and linked to physical renderer. You don´t need GI with properly defined materials... Now, the problem is rendering time.

• Like 1