Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arakelian

VERSUS by ManvsMachine

• Topic Author
  •  

hello everyone, i'm interested how to do this great curl(or dunno how to call it) animation from "versus" in cinema 4d. Is there any tutorial about this?

versus.png

Not that I am aware of. I think that's done in houdini - not sure Cinema has the tools to do it.

this part for sure done in houdini then imported into c4d  , you can check the IBC (or NAB , I am not sure  ) video about it .

Here's the closest I could come in C4D but it isn't the gorgeous coiled look. I'd bet I could do it in Xpresso but I don't want to spend the required 3 days.

Spline Ball.c4d.zip

In the documentation for the Mospline Object, under the "Simple" Tab there's a field for adding formulas, I think you could some kind of Math Sin formula to get the wiggles. 

I tried Mospline a long time ago but found it very slow to render, but may be worth a try.

21 minutes ago, teknow said:

Here's the closest I could come in C4D but it isn't the gorgeous coiled look. I'd bet I could do it in Xpresso but I don't want to spend the required 3 days.

Spline Ball.c4d.zip

very nice , 

but it would run tons faster if you reduced the poly count to a much lower amount then use SDS to smooth things out 

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I tried Mospline a long time ago but found it very slow to render, but may be worth a try.

can you shed more light about this ?

mospline generate a spline , so do you render it with hair or with sweep object ?

It's a variation on Reaction Diffusion done in houdini. There's a great entagma tutorial (seriously, watch their stuff) about it.

"Houdini? We don't need no stinkin' Houdini....."

Spline Ball 2.c4d.zip

Entagma is like the ultimate in computer graphics, IMHO.

Now on to play with MoSpline and formulas.

3 hours ago, maliohammad said:

very nice , 

but it would run tons faster if you reduced the poly count to a much lower amount then use SDS to smooth things out 

can you shed more light about this ?

mospline generate a spline , so do you render it with hair or with sweep object ?

@Mal,

At the time I was using a sweep object because I didn't know about anything about using hair. 

@Teknow,

Mospline and formulas may get you something similar, but like  Cerbreya & Grain state, it's a technique from Houdini. But still, worth a try, if anything you may learn something about moSpline you didn't know before :)

@teknow

your method was very successful 

here is a file (just export the file"export this file as alembic" , then load the result file path into the main file instances  [the sweep objects ] , and if you make the export frames 0-180 )

figure_filling_with_spline_Main.c4d

134567890-02.jpg

It doesn't work for me. Just a bunch of white dots and only allowed me to export 150 frames. I have no idea what alembic is???