Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arakelian

VERSUS by ManvsMachine

36 minutes ago, teknow said:

It doesn't work for me. Just a bunch of white dots and only allowed me to export 150 frames. I have no idea what alembic is???

@Tek

Alembic is a file type for scene data exchange. For instance, if you have a complex mograph or expresso set-up that you need to pass onto someone using X software, you can export your file as a an Alembic and all you data will be available to that person in their chosen software. 

It's also good for things like a heavy scene that uses say a Tracer object, if the playback is too slow, you can export your scene as alembic, enabling the Splines option in the export settings, then re-import that Alembic file and your splines will animate as the tracer did but without the slowdown in the view port. 

@Mal,

I think your .c4d file is referencing an external Alembic file which hasn't been uploaded, so your animation won't play. Select one of the mesh objects in the Object Manager and see the Object Tab in the Attributes Manager. 

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

I think your .c4d file is referencing an external Alembic file which hasn't been uploaded, so your animation won't play. Select one of the mesh objects in the Object Manager and see the Object Tab in the Attributes Manager. 

@teknow

I didn't upload the alembic file because it was big 

here is  a short video about how to make the scene work (stop the video or slow it down to read the settings )

I will delete it later to save the upload speed 

setup.mp4

Thanks for making that video but I couldn't get it to work.

You might look at Google Drive for huge files. They give 15 Gb free storage and it works great for others with a link to a file.

Just now, teknow said:

Thanks for making that video but I couldn't get it to work.

You might look at Google Drive for huge files. They give 15 Gb free storage and it works great for others with a link to a file.

it would help if you can be more detailed about the problem , what part don't work for you ?

were you able to export the .abc file ?

P.S. I will upload the file on GD , but I would like to know what is broken :)

The video went so fast I couldn't keep up with each individual step.

I tried to duplicate your file all within C4D. Here is the link and let me know what you think. You might like that Formula Spline.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_TmdVM0dlUzVXQTg/view?usp=sharing

Now to go read up on Alembic.

3 minutes ago, teknow said:

The video went so fast I couldn't keep up with each individual step.

I tried to duplicate your file all within C4D. Here is the link and let me know what you think. You might like that Formula Spline.

you can slow down the video payback if that help 

BTW , here is the full file :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3hI2C-9TKWcVzVoNmJRNTA3bTA/view

23 minutes ago, teknow said:

personally I prefer the tracer method , it have a nicer look .

but the texture almost drive me crazy :P , I thought that the model have some animation related to the camera angle then realized that the texture projection is set to frontal 

the Google Drive link says I need permission

Thanks! Got it and now to get your file working and learn Alembic. There is no end to entire new topics to get into with C4D!

Now works perfectly and what a gorgeous file! This technique is really powerful and does some Houdini-like and ray-trace effects both. I will be using the technique a lot in the future.

Here is a 7680X4320 version which is now my desktop on my iMac. I added Ambient Occlusion, Reflectance, a Sky object, and lights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_V3ZPbzZxS1NHa3c/view?usp=sharing

And thanks for getting me started with Alembic! BTW, it's a cool animation too. Great work

8 minutes ago, teknow said:

Thanks! Got it and now to get your file working and learn Alembic. There is no end to entire new topics to get into with C4D!

Now works perfectly and what a gorgeous file! This technique is really powerful and does some Houdini-like and ray-trace effects both. I will be using the technique a lot in the future.

Here is a 7680X4320 version which is now my desktop on my iMac. I added Ambient Occlusion, Reflectance, a Sky object, and lights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_V3ZPbzZxS1NHa3c/view?usp=sharing

And thanks for getting me started with Alembic! BTW, it's a cool animation too. Great work

that resolution make the render so nice that I can see the smallest details :D

I have done nothing , it is your file ... I just made a head proxy without holes to avoid any problems with the cloner (with my script EasyRetopo ) 

and cloned the alembic file .

alembic files are really great , you can create 2 alembic files , one with low poly stuff , and the other with high poly and import the low poly file into your scene and in the object settings load the high poly file into the override for render field , which is great for crowds and forests .

Now when I get my Pixar contract I will be set. Great thoughts on Alembic.

I hope you zoomed way in on that file because it just gets more gorgeous.

Thanks again!