Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arakelian

VERSUS by ManvsMachine

Recommended Posts

@teknow

your method was very successful 

here is a file (just export the file"export this file as alembic" , then load the result file path into the main file instances  [the sweep objects ] , and if you make the export frames 0-180 )

 

figure_filling_with_spline_Main.c4d

134567890-02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

It doesn't work for me. Just a bunch of white dots and only allowed me to export 150 frames. I have no idea what alembic is???

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, teknow said:

It doesn't work for me. Just a bunch of white dots and only allowed me to export 150 frames. I have no idea what alembic is???

@Tek

Alembic is a file type for scene data exchange. For instance, if you have a complex mograph or expresso set-up that you need to pass onto someone using X software, you can export your file as a an Alembic and all you data will be available to that person in their chosen software. 

It's also good for things like a heavy scene that uses say a Tracer object, if the playback is too slow, you can export your scene as alembic, enabling the Splines option in the export settings, then re-import that Alembic file and your splines will animate as the tracer did but without the slowdown in the view port. 

 

@Mal,

I think your .c4d file is referencing an external Alembic file which hasn't been uploaded, so your animation won't play. Select one of the mesh objects in the Object Manager and see the Object Tab in the Attributes Manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, southpaw said:

I think your .c4d file is referencing an external Alembic file which hasn't been uploaded, so your animation won't play. Select one of the mesh objects in the Object Manager and see the Object Tab in the Attributes Manager. 

@teknow

I didn't upload the alembic file because it was big 

here is  a short video about how to make the scene work (stop the video or slow it down to read the settings )

I will delete it later to save the upload speed 

 

setup.mp4

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for making that video but I couldn't get it to work.

You might look at Google Drive for huge files. They give 15 Gb free storage and it works great for others with a link to a file.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, teknow said:

Thanks for making that video but I couldn't get it to work.

You might look at Google Drive for huge files. They give 15 Gb free storage and it works great for others with a link to a file.

it would help if you can be more detailed about the problem , what part don't work for you ?

were you able to export the .abc file ?

P.S. I will upload the file on GD , but I would like to know what is broken :)

Share this post


Link to post

The video went so fast I couldn't keep up with each individual step.

I tried to duplicate your file all within C4D. Here is the link and let me know what you think. You might like that Formula Spline.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oErO8ecP3_TmdVM0dlUzVXQTg/view?usp=sharing

Now to go read up on Alembic.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, teknow said:

The video went so fast I couldn't keep up with each individual step.

I tried to duplicate your file all within C4D. Here is the link and let me know what you think. You might like that Formula Spline.

you can slow down the video payback if that help 

BTW , here is the full file :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3hI2C-9TKWcVzVoNmJRNTA3bTA/view

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, teknow said:

personally I prefer the tracer method , it have a nicer look .

but the texture almost drive me crazy :P , I thought that the model have some animation related to the camera angle then realized that the texture projection is set to frontal 

Share this post


Link to post

the Google Drive link says I need permission

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

FORUMS INFO:

Dear members, we are aware of few more bugs that are still present withing the theme.We just wanted to let you know that we are working to fix them as soon as possible.
 

NEW MEMBERS:

Please be aware that we are manually approving all new registrations, due to spam prevention. Please be patient in case you cannot login right away, we will approve you within 12h or less if we decide you are not potential spammer. 

 

Thanks for understanding! :cowboypistol: