Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Cerbera

MAXON Labs is GO !!!!

Cerbera    1,120

Maybe I'm late to the party, and you've all been hiding this from me; if so I'll delete the thread...

But if not... 

TEST POTENTIAL NEW  C4D FEATURES NOW !!!!! Really ?????!!!!! Yes !!!!

Check out the Coons Mesh and the Extrudifier Python script !!

https://labs.maxon.net

CBR

• Like 4

Igor    459

I wasn't aware it was live for everyone, good to know!  I am sure some will find it useful! :) 

bentraje    77

Is this is like an automatic modelling voodoo? 

Cerbera    1,120
24 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Is this is like an automatic modelling voodoo? 

Yip. Simple but effective. Extrudifier is great; not as much control as Greebler, but a damn good step in the right direction, and most welcome in the absence of the original...

Made this in under 30 seconds. So whatever kind of magic it is, it is quite speedy :)

extrudifier.thumb.jpg.bca02ebc1e3de782a11e4fb7eefaaa9d.jpg

• Like 1

Zmotive    49

MAXON Labs? Open testing of unreleased features / tech?

Who are these people and what have they done with MAXON?

Color me impressed!

And I might add (MAXON), THANK YOU. Keep this kind of integration with the user community going. It serves both the purpose of being more open and the purpose of addressing long-standing requests (potentially) with new tech that we can try out and provide feedback on prior to release. A really good idea.

Well done!

Cerbera    1,120
29 minutes ago, Zmotive said:

Now, can someone tell me where teh Coons mesh data files are supposed to be installed? I don't see a read me or an obvious spot for them. Treat as a traditional plugin?

Yeah, that goes in c:\users\yourUsername\appData\roaming\Maxon\RXXXXXXX\plugins

CBR

Zmotive    49
2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, that goes in c:\users\yourUsername\appData\roaming\Maxon\RXXXXXXX\plugins

CBR

Thanks. I just realize that. However I have not found the right place for the Extrudifier. Tried in both Scripts folder but no luck. Been a while since I've installed a script. Maybe has to go through the manager window, like the CV tools and be activate?

Cerbera    1,120

Extrudifier is .c4d file !!! Just open it directly !

Some Extrudifier tips, btw...

1. Put your geometry as a child of the Extrudifier, but then turn it off with the cross to see all the greebles, not just the externally protruding ones

2. It has some refresh problems. Changing settings on the object under it won't update the effect until you turn the object on and off again, or change the random seed in the extrudifier.

3. Expect it to take some time to calculate on higher polycount surfaces. Spheres with high segments and 5 levels take around a minute to calculate, but just wait, and it does get there....

Zmotive    49
1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Extrudifier is .c4d file !!!

lol I must've missed something / didn't notice the extension. The web site says "Python Scripts" so that's where I got confused.

Cerbera    1,120
2 minutes ago, Zmotive said:

lol I must've missed something / didn't notice the extension. The web site says "Python Scripts" so that's where I got confused.

Yeah, I also dumped it in scripts initially ;)

Zmotive    49

This is a fun widget to play with. Like an instant alien space station generator or something. 

Pretty cool concept actually. Just needs a bit of refinement the inner and outer spacing seem to work against each other a bit / are quite sensitive to small value changes.

But swapping in different types of geometry and modifying the array a bit helps too. I am officially renaming this script to "Close Encounters." Hopefully I sleep tonight. I have to work tomorrow.

Cerbera    1,120

Oh lose the array - doesn't need to be there :) Works faster on single objects...

extrudifier3.thumb.jpg.24420ccb785f0b6b9dab89e7c408bf97.jpg extrudifier2.thumb.jpg.3d0f277986deb5d4a3fb4c94042f4e15.jpg