Insydium Cycles
Insydium Cycles
Cerbera

MAXON Labs is GO !!!!

76 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cutman said:

It's marketing 101, one must never mention or acknowledge the competition to do so invites comparison....whoops.

That doesn't work so well with 3D because no 3D software works on a Island. Heck, at the Autodesk booth there was a guy showing this short rendered in Arnold (because Autodesk bought it) done in Cinema 4D. Sure, they want to market that Arnold is multiple platforms and applications, but that is only because there was already a bridge to Cinema 4D.

The world of 3D is bigger than that. I'm all for seeing improvements in C4D, specially in UV and performance, but no way you will do EVERYTHING in one software. And to be honest, when does Autodesk creates a promo video? They have their reels, which features work done in Maya, Max, Modo, Cinema 4D, Houdini, After Effects, etc.

As for their bigger push on new tech and improvements, specially in Maya, this is because they are feeling the Houdini pressure as a pipeline tool. And now that they are all in subscription, they NEED the shine stuff to keep users (freelancers).

Please, lets not go offtopic and start fights again!  

Hey Igor,

Sorry about being off-topic, but I was just trying to show that we can't hold MAXON accountable for something and than use different rules for the other companies because it suite us. I'm learning Maya lately because well, most jobs I'm looking for are in Maya. But if I were to go freelance, I would choose Cinema 4D because of the permanent license and because I think MAXON is a more correct company.

Just another info on how Autodesk is creepy with it's users. This is coming from Artur Leao, a guy that is on the 3ds Max beta, who went to Autodesk headquarters last year or before to share ideas and info about what he was doing with his company and a similar connection between DCC's and After Effects. His post on facebook here: 

1 hour ago, zeden said:

I just watched the Making of and I see massive use of C4D in Versus I seriously do not see the point here. They show Rigging, Animation, Sculpting, Procedurals, brilliant Hair use, etc. all done in C4D. Additionally they show that C4D has become a great pipeline tool with lots of ports to other software. Everything a pro 3D wants to see. Falling behind my a**

I don't know how much work has been made in C4D but I remember it was the Houdini sequence that created by far the  most hype among us, many asked how it was done in C4D, too bad because it was overall a good release compared to the recent previous releases.