Cinema 4D Plugins
Cinema 4D Plugins
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lineeenil

blocking out luminance

5 posts in this topic

hey yall,

ive build a plane with luminance material to shed some light on an object. however i want the luminance only to affect that one object in the scene and not the other objects. i know of the exclude/include in the project tag of the light, but im looking for something similar but for the luminance texture, is that possible?

bests

Hmm. No, I think you can't do that other than with fakery - ie don't use GI, and put an area light where the luminant panel is, excluded from that light, so it doesn't block it.

Happy to be corrected by anyone that knows different, but I can't think of any method by which you could limit luminance to one object - sort of defeats the whole point of GI to be doing that anyway, doesn't it ?! :)

hey thanks a lot (again) for the quick reply!

in the meantime i might have found a solution. to put a composite tag on the luminance plane and drop the other objects in the "exclusion" box of the compositing tag. seems to work!

8 minutes ago, lineeenil said:

hey thanks a lot (again) for the quick reply!

in the meantime i might have found a solution. to put a composite tag on the luminance plane and drop the other objects in the "exclusion" box of the compositing tag. seems to work!

Oh really ?! I was NOT expecting that to work ! If you say it does, then that's a win for everyone :)

okay wait a second.... smth is looking a lil strange. ill get back to it

yeah no it works :)

1 person likes this