Cinema 4D Plugin
Cinema 4D Plugin
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lineeenil

creating wounds

7 posts in this topic

hey,

anyone know of any good tutorial or have good tips on creating wounds or gore stuff in c4d?

thanks!

bests,

Sculpting, if you have it, is usually the way to go for this, specifically for making gouges and scrapes in existing mesh. If you can sculpt, then stencils will be a big help, and you can make a wound stencil from online photos of actual wounds in Photoshop.

If you don't have that, then I would say your best bet is to try and do it mainly with textures, with only minimal geometric alteration, and that is probably best done with a rather specific type of 'spot' displacement map, probably applied in a separate material (and with different mapping type) to that doing colour and everything else.

The blood is potentially harder, especially if it is dripping from the wound, but I found a really good way to solve that involving spline wraps. I made a test scene file with a really rough example, but you could apply this technique with a lot more finesse and a lot more drips, and it would look a lot better..

58a702eea268a_blooddrips.thumb.jpg.470b8d28854e804750278789fc053866.jpg

blood drips.c4d

CBR

1 person likes this

cool. hey i found some sculpting brushes presets in the content browser, how do i use them?

Oh come on - that stuff's in the manual ;)

yeah okay fine ;) i tried haha. but thanks for the help!

It's Ok, I'm feeling benevolent today, so I'll short-cut you to this...

On 17/02/2017 at 1:56 PM, lineeenil said:

hey,

anyone know of any good tutorial or have good tips on creating wounds or gore stuff in c4d?

thanks!

bests,

I guess you could just sculpt the wound and use bodypaint to colour it (or texture and draw over it in PS or something)