Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

jandro

ReTiming Cloth-Sims without "Morph-Steps"?

jandro    0

Hi Guys,
I recently stumbled over an issue by trying to retime cloth simulations!

If I do so (if I really slow down the sim) the frames just kind of morph between each other but there is no interpolation!
I tried it by retime pla animation with a special track/time track and retiming the cloth via point cache and the aweseome xreTIME by TCA Studios....seems to be the same problem so far!

Is there a way to calculate/sim real subframes?

Im sure im not the first guy trying to achieve this....so Id appreciate every hint :)

Thanks in advance!

maliohammad    270
2 hours ago, jandro said:

I recently stumbled over an issue by trying to retime cloth simulations!

did you try to use the point cache tag , it might give a better result .

but I have no idea how to go through the sub frames thing ....(I have a cheat , it will cost some hard work , if you want it let me know )

jandro    0
On 17.2.2017 at 6:23 PM, maliohammad said:

did you try to use the point cache tag , it might give a better result .

but I have no idea how to go through the sub frames thing ....(I have a cheat , it will cost some hard work , if you want it let me know )

yeah sure...just let me know if you have an idea..:)

Thanks anyway

maliohammad    270
2 hours ago, jandro said:

yeah sure...just let me know if you have an idea..:)

Thanks anyway

make a copy of your project , 

---delete anything that don't have a relationship with your cloth sim ---

then change the project length to 4x the frames , then change the animations to fit the new frame count .

then change the cloth sub steps to quarter the original amount (if it was 10 , set it to 3 , if it is 5 set it to 2 or 1 )

finally cache the new simulation (and you can use the point cache tag with it  if you want )

and paste the new object into the old scene  and now you have it ...

I know it is a lot of work to do , but this is what I can think of to solve this problem ....

Arthos    4
On 19/02/2017 at 1:48 PM, maliohammad said:

make a copy of your project , 

---delete anything that don't have a relationship with your cloth sim ---

then change the project length to 4x the frames , then change the animations to fit the new frame count .

then change the cloth sub steps to quarter the original amount (if it was 10 , set it to 3 , if it is 5 set it to 2 or 1 )

finally cache the new simulation (and you can use the point cache tag with it  if you want )

and paste the new object into the old scene  and now you have it ...

I know it is a lot of work to do , but this is what I can think of to solve this problem ....

Hi, I'm reading this and can't recreate it. If I change the Project settings FPS or Time Scale (under Dynamics) it make no difference to the speed of the simulation. My cloth isn't ofc.