Jump to content
BuddaZero

Opacity/Visibility Animation

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to animate the visibility of an object, similar to how you animate the Opacity on a layer in After Effects?

Is it done by using the Alpha Channel of a material, or through something else?

- Budda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - animating alpha or transparency are viable ways to go. Also, you can animate visibility under the display tag, but that's not a preferred way of doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest IanS
10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

you can animate visibility under the display tag, but that's not a preferred way of doing it.

Is the changing visibility level animated when previewing (when using alpha/transparency)? I noticed when using the display tag for this that it displayed either on or off, not fading in or out. I'm guessing this is a reason why it's not the preferred route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IanS said:

Is the changing visibility level animated when previewing (when using alpha/transparency)? I noticed when using the display tag for this that it displayed either on or off, not fading in or out. I'm guessing this is a reason why it's not the preferred route.

No, I meant in the display tag there is a visibility setting that will do partial transparency, though only in the renderer, hence why 'not preferred'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • On 2/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, Cerbera said:

    Yep - animating alpha or transparency are viable ways to go. Also, you can animate visibility under the display tag, but that's not a preferred way of doing it.

    Thank you! I'll find some tuts to animate the Alpha on a Material.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Guys 

     

    I know that we beginners we are all in rush, but please respond as soon as posible. There is a posibillity to animate wiframe object ?? I have an animation so I need to make apear an object in wiframe mode ... Thx

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

    ABOUT US:

    C4D Cafe is the largest CINEMA 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favorite software :)
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...