Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

nerv    208

Swimming with the (gummy) sharks

giphy.gif

There are some weird artifacts on the top fins, but I think it's due to the model, not a redshift fault.  Still... fun! 

• Like 1

nerv    208

More abstractions with refraction / absorption / SSS

oblux.thumb.jpg.23bfa0710452f4b1e47a22ce663d9df2.jpg

• Like 1

nerv    208

I started this one with Corona but was having a hell of a hard time getting caustics to work properly for some mysterious reason.  

Was pretty easy with Redshift.  

somenerv-balnes.thumb.jpg.ceac48018db058cf8a68d4c98867fdd6.jpg

nerv    208

MARBLS! 

somenerv-MARBLS.thumb.jpg.4d72b082ba8a0fe89608c5d50603c40a.jpg

• Like 2

Igor    439

Wow, really nice renders nerv, fantastic job! :)

• Like 1

deadpixelx    8

@nerv The results are so nice and clean ... thanks for sharing your experience.

I'd like to ask you some questions .., what about the node material creation ? is it quite intuitive ? does it fit well into C4D way of doing ? Its lights are completely different or does it use some C4D helpful light features light distance fallow viewport controls etc ... ? What kind of features surprised you in a good way ( render speed apart )

thanks you very much

nerv    208

Thanks @deadpixelx

It's not as easy / user-friendly as the C4D material flow, but this applies to all node-based systems.   Once you get into the node-based workflow, it's super intuitive.  

It has its own lights but they are as easy to throw into a scene and set up as the C4D native lights.  

Aside from the speed, it's just a very fun rendering system to work with.  I especially love the SSS and transmission / absorption part of the uber-shaders.  The results are so crisp and clean! 

Here's another gummy shark experiment:

giphy.gif

Push    1

I'm downloading the Redshift demo now.

I use Octane which is great, but it tends to crash on  long animations, could just be my 1 GPU setup. It took a while to understand the node based texturing but that way is more powerful. 

I just wish MAXON would integrate a GPU renderer where we don't have to re-learn everything again :)

• Like 1

deadpixelx    8

Thank you very much  @nerv for your answer.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:24 AM, nerv said:

It's not as easy / user-friendly as the C4D material flow, but this applies to all node-based systems.   Once you get into the node-based workflow, it's super intuitive.  

I use Octane, and work with Nuke for VFX compositing, and I like the node based workflow, it allows more flexibility. But it's true that some node based workflows can be more o less intuitive too, if node tasks are not very clear or it needs a lot of nodes to achieve simple tasks that could be more condensed into a simpler node. I think in term of nodal interface there is still some room for improvement and usability. Maybe future C4D will combine efficiently nodes workflow and actual C4D simpler interface like octane does in some way, or the very good plugin CM Node that was sadly abandoned. It was a very good mix to improve your shaders with nodal interface and still use the actual C4D interface for simpler and quicker tasks.

Do someone knows by the way what happened to CM Node ?

PS: @nerv your gummy sharks are very appetising

• Like 1

nerv    208
10 hours ago, deadpixelx said:

Thank you very much  @nerv for your answer.

I use Octane, and work with Nuke for VFX compositing, and I like the node based workflow, it allows more flexibility. But it's true that some node based workflows can be more o less intuitive too, if node tasks are not very clear or it needs a lot of nodes to achieve simple tasks that could be more condensed into a simpler node. I think in term of nodal interface there is still some room for improvement and usability. Maybe future C4D will combine efficiently nodes workflow and actual C4D simpler interface like octane does in some way, or the very good plugin CM Node that was sadly abandoned. It was a very good mix to improve your shaders with nodal interface and still use the actual C4D interface for simpler and quicker tasks.

Do someone knows by the way what happened to CM Node ?

PS: @nerv your gummy sharks are very appetising

No problem! And, yes,  I suddenly had a hankering for gummy candy, as soon as I finished it.  :lol:

Here's another quick one.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

nerv    208

Death From Above 

giphy.gif

• Like 2