Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NaveenM

Fillet edge of a hemisphere

• Topic Author
  • Hi, C4D newbie here.

I created a sphere, then chose the Hemisphere option to cut it in half. But I'd like to round the edge, but there is no fillet option the way there is with the cube.

How would I do this? I'm in C4D Lite, so I don't have any advanced modeling tools, but I figure this has to be pretty simple. (Hopefully).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

That is indeed nice and simple. You have Bevel I assume ? Select the edge loop along the rim of the hemisphere (double click any edge that is part of it), and  then do M-S for bevel. drag right in the viewport to fillet the loop...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for reply! Unfortunately, it looks like no bevel tool in C4D Lite. (Wow, this version really is crippled when it comes to modeling, huh?)

Also, another problem I realized is that when you take a sphere and choose the hemisphere option, it cuts the sphere in half but that the bottom is open, like a dome.

I figured out a workaround though: create a cylinder with the same radius as the sphere. Give it a height of 1cm (or whatever you need for the size fillet you want), and line it up with the bottom of the sphere. This probably has its limitations but it works for my purposes (small 1cm fillet).

Thanks again. Going to have to start putting some $ aside to get the full version of C4D methinks...