3D-Pangel

ST III Spacedock

Well...this will be a first for me...actually creating and updating a thread on a current WIP.    Probably a first, because I never really know if I will be able to finish a project when I start it, but I feel pretty confident about this one.  

The project will be the space station from Star Trek III --- highly inspired by listening to the music from the movie.  I am a huge fan of movie music and one my favorite composers is James Horner (Avatar, Field of Dreams, Apollo 13, Titanic, ST II and ST III, etc.).  Sadly, he passed away in 2015 in a private plane accident.  Just lately, I have been listening to his soundtracks.

The station I hope to create is this one:

USS_Enterprise_approaches_the_Earth_Spacedock.thumb.jpg.c7b1f8bc454ebf9c4ef3a6fb0e03de58.jpg

At first glance, it did not seem to offer too much a challenge as it really is about 10 primitives (cones, spheres and cylinders) stacked on top of each other, but as I do research on the web, finding any and all images, it is actually not that simple.  So it should offer some fun challenges.  I also plan to model the interior docking area  as well: 

USS_Enterprise_and_USS_Excelsior_in_Spacedock.thumb.jpg.94f4e6aa42406092381625638c3dbb2f.jpg

....and finally, here is where I am  so far - 

58b35b16ed1bf_Progress1.thumb.JPG.ab3068e3d622339a6385e5510ba1daf8.JPG

Okay....is it just me or does this look like a giant mushroom?  ;-)

Dave

• Like 1

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Only registered users can see replies - please register for full access!