Jump to content

Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 



Recommended Posts

robbing    29

Hi,

 

Can anyone download some of these models and tell me what´s wrong with the textures?

http://luxox18.deviantart.com/gallery/

I convert the dds files to png textures in Photoshop and then I tried to delete phong tag and other things like invert normal and so on... and I can´t fix that :sad:

So please, if you have a chance try by yourself and let me know how to fix it.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3DKiwi    394

Probably best that you attach an image showing us what the problem is you're having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robbing    29
  • Topic Author
  • Right with texture.

    As you can see, UV looks good however there is something wrong.

     

    Captura de pantalla 2017-02-28 a las 13.45.43.png

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Cerbera    1,976

    Despite the impression given by the renders on the web page, this looks like a low quality triangulated mesh, as is often the case with free downloads and game models. It probably came with a normal tag, which is often an indicator of a problem-causing model, and is usually a good sign that the mesh has been made in something other than C4D and not converted properly.

    You can try deleting that normal tag, with the aim of adding a new phong tag yourself, but there is 60% chance that will break the shading completely, and give you a mesh where it is impossible to align the normal direction using any of C4D's tools.

    If that is the case, the only thing you can do is go looking for a better model, one that doesn't rely on normal tags to show textures properly...

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    robbing    29
  • Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

    Despite the impression given by the renders on the web page, this looks like a low quality triangulated mesh, as is often the case with free downloads and game models. It probably came with a normal tag, which is often an indicator of a problem-causing model, and is usually a good sign that the mesh has been made in something other than C4D and not converted properly.

    You can try deleting that normal tag, with the aim of adding a new phong tag yourself, but there is 60% chance that will break the shading completely, and give you a mesh where it is impossible to align the normal direction using any of C4D's tools.

    If that is the case, the only thing you can do is go looking for a better model, one that doesn't rely on normal tags to show textures properly...

    CBR

    I see,

    I guess it´s done in Maya or whatever.. I don´t know.

     

    I would like a mid poly model, however I don´t know where to buy it. There is a lot of concept art on the web but not 3D models itself. 

    I´m looking for sci-fi biohazard suit models. If you know some websites that have these kind of mid poly models, please let me know.

    Thanks

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Mervic    3

    I can't confirm that issue.

    (I only used kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper.obj combined with
    kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_d.dds, kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_n.dds and
    kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_s.dds (maps loaded in PS and saved as psd))

    Could that be a simple map converting problem?

    Untitled.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    robbing    29
  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Mervic said:

    I can't confirm that issue.

    (I only used kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper.obj combined with
    kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_d.dds, kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_n.dds and
    kz3_hgh_engineer_trooper_body_s.dds (maps loaded in PS and saved as psd))

    Could that be a simple map converting problem?

    Untitled.jpg

    WOW! You got it! Dank schon for download a character! This is why I ask for download one of these instead just of attach an image.

     I think could be that. I´m going to try save as PSD

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Mervic    3
    11 hours ago, robbing said:

    Damn! not works for me:cry:

    Still the same. What I´m doing wrong?

    Can't say - I'm using CS6 with NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop
    Maybe that's the reason in this case. 

    I send a PM with a download link for a project file you can try out. I do not want to make it publicly visible.

    btw: Why is your mesh mirrored?39.gif

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    robbing    29
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Mervic said:

    Can't say - I'm using CS6 with NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop
    Maybe that's the reason in this case. 

    I send a PM with a download link for a project file you can try out. I do not want to make it publicly visible.

    btw: Why is your mesh mirrored?39.gif

    Thanks, you have a PM too.

    mmm... maybe. I´m on Mac, CS6 and r17. I don´t have this NVIDIA tools.

    True, my mesh is mirrored, now I see it! Seems  I have a few mistakes importing obj too. I don´t know why, man. 

     

    I downloaded a game character like those from other site to test it, but ready for C4D and works well. However they just have one character that I don´t need.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×