Rendercore Lab

Igor

Advertising & Selling / C4D Cafe Store

Igor    467

Hi folks

After a lot of thinking and talking with other members, we came to a conclusion that selling members stuff trough C4D Cafe store would be good thing to do. That way we will be able to move forward with stability of the forum and future upgrades. So, for all of you who wants to sell stuff (only Cinema 4D related), now you are able to, trough our C4D Cafe Store.  

In order this to work, we had to change some things. Now, 'Gold Support' members will have discounts on all products while 'Cafe Contributors' will have discount only for C4D Cafe products, which means groups like 'Cafe Oldtimer' etc. will not have that benefit anymore, only exceptions are former Vertex Pusher Customers.

'Gold Support' membership will now last 6 months instead of 1 year (that applies to Silver and Bronze also).
'Gold Support' members will have discounts on all products, including all new ones and old ones.
'Gold Support' is only group that will apply for selling stuff trough store (which means you need to be Gold Supporter to be able to sell stuff trough our store)
+10% fees on sold items! 

Things you will be able to sell trough our STORE are:

3D Models
Textures
HDRI maps
IOR lights
Plugins
Scripts

and everything else that is 3D, Cinema 4D related!!
Have in mind that we will be checking the quality and only top quality stuff will go to the Store. Quality over Quantity!!!! 

These rules are not carved in the stone and any suggestion is more than welcome. We want everyone to be happy and in the end, we want to help you guys to grow, as always and in the end, this will give us opportunity to grow as well as a community.

We wanted to test things first with @C4DS new plugin and we can call it a success so far, so we are reaching to all of  you that want to sell or advertise trough C4D Cafe.

Please PM or send me an email if you are interested! :)

• Like 1

maliohammad    270
8 hours ago, SIgor said:

These rules are not carved in the stone and any suggestion is more than welcome.  

isn't it possible to give silver and bronze members the ability to sell items but with higher fees ? 

like , 17% fees for silver , and 22% fees for bronze or anything like this 

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, maliohammad said:

isn't it possible to give silver and bronze members the ability to sell items but with higher fees ? 

like , 17% fees for silver , and 22% fees for bronze or anything like this 

I would say why not! Good idea, thanks! :)

Smicksus    11

Is the profit you make on the products you sell. Only for the time that your gold suport runs or for a lifetime?

Because if you reduce the gold support to 6 months aren't you affraid that. When someone orders a gold support he "collected" all his sellable modles and uploads them on day one...

Just a thought.. but isn't it an option to introduce a new "seller support badge". It stands alone from bronze, silver and gold and the price is more symbolic (like or $5 or $10) And it lasts a year. The low price because the cafe will then earn %90 of the sold obj, plugin etc.. and if the plugin doesn't sell that well nobody gets disappointed.. 

By this you get a more attractive system I think, people that are willing to sell here also increases the buyer value. And still quality stands over quantity. With a system that every sell able object has to be approved.

It's just a thought and maybe I'm very wrong with this but it's just something I wanted to share

greetings,

Boy

• Like 1

bentraje    84

Is there like an exclusivity in selling items within the forum? For instance, I can sell items here in the forum that I have already sold in other sits like turbo squid? 

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • 24 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Is there like an exclusivity in selling items within the forum? For instance, I can sell items here in the forum that I have already sold in other sits like turbo squid? 

Not sure what do you mean , but I dont see why couldn't you sell here stuff from TS or sites like that, as long as you are the owner of the models. :)

@Smicksus, reason why we agreed on going this way is to have some sort of security with income, because we really would like to switch to a dedicated server, at least that is our goal for this year. We simply need to go step by step. Doing everything at once, could cause more problems then benefits. 

And also, having starting price of 60E will bring only serious sellers with I assume quality stuff like @C4DS plugin. 

48 minutes ago, Smicksus said:

Is the profit you make on the products you sell. Only for the time that your gold suport runs or for a lifetime?

As long as you have Gold Support badge, you can sell trough our store. I think 60E is more than fair price for 6 month.

If I am not wrong, TS takes somewhere around 40% of your sales. I had one model there that I managed to sold and once I got paid I only got 12 dollars, for  PSP Go model which is nonsense. 

VECTOR    392

Hey man will get back to you asap about what we discussed only i've had a few things come up with the new baby and ive been up the hospital past few days. 

C4DS    135

Well, I didn't see the fine prints of needing to be a Gold Support member in order to be able to sell products ;)

Now, I didn't know that Turbo Squid takes up to 40% of the profit when selling your product, so I think that the 10% I proposed to sell my plugin is very generous of the Cafe. But to additionally request to be a Gold Support member ... no offense, but that feels a little "double", like having your cake and eating it.

I became a Gold Support member right before I started to sell the product. Not because I needed this status in order to sell. But only because I wanted to reward Igor for providing so much support in setting up all the store things. I did that on top of the agreed 10%, because I felt it justified.

But I understand the idea behind the need to shell out the 60 euros in order to be able to sell. It avoids everyday sellers, and provides more dedicated sellers only.

But again, asking for gold support and then taking another 10% from the sales. Mmmm, feels somewhat awkward. My opinion.

Igor    467
  • Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, C4DS said:

Now, I didn't know that Turbo Squid takes up to 40% of the profit when selling your product, so I think that the 10% I proposed to sell my plugin is very generous of the Cafe. But to additionally request to be a Gold Support member ... no offense, but that feels a little "double", like having your cake and eating it.

They take even more. I sold 1 model for $45 and I was left with $12, now you do the math. If someone here sell stuff on TS I would like them to confirm what I am saying. So I really dont see why would Gold Membership be a problem here?! You have discount on other stuff in store and you are able to sell stuff for 6 month, is that really a big investment from seller side? Or is 10% fee bigger problem?

If thats a case, as I said, nothing here is set in stone, we certainly can agree for better solution if someone propose one!

We also have lowest advertising prices, at least that is what I was told. If this prices and fees are unfair, please, throw any idea you may have, I will gladly listen!

Igor

Rectro    536

Great idea to sell here, but I have a few opinions on the Gold member status to be a seller.  I think quality products should be the merit in which specifies if someone should sell or not.  

I thought the idea of being a Gold, Bronze or silver member is to show your support for the site, doesnt linking this with being a seller overshadow individuals whos motives where to support rather than gain selling status?  If the Gold member is to be used as a entry to being a seller at a set percentage then Bronze, and Silver should also be sellers, but at higher rates according to the relative cost of the Bronze, and Silver offset offering a better profit margin for Gold members down to the Silver.

At DAZ3D they used to have a status badge shown underneath the users avatar for being a PA (Published Artist), I quite liked that, but that mite be something that can be added later on where by a list of products can be viewed from within each sellers profile.

Not sure how your going to handle VAT, if you collect it by means of vat registered sellers, or leave it down to each individual?

Dan

• Like 1

JLeaburn    21

I think it might be an idea to keep the Gold Silver and Bronze membership as it is but introduce a Seller support badge instead. This would sort out the points raised by Rectro and it would also give members a signpost of who had stuff to sell. I think this may help sellers get a bit more business which is then passed on to the Cafe. Just a thought.

• Like 1

maliohammad    270

yes I seller badge would be the best , and you can in addition give the gold members the ability to sell without it .

or just as I mentioned earlier , give bronze and silver the ability to sell , but with higher fees 

• Like 1