Igor

Advertising & Selling / C4D Cafe Store

Rectro    536
25 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Yea, make sense guys. What about fees? Any idea on that @Rectro , @JLeaburn ?

The fees need to be on the basis of a percentage cut from the sale to cover what needs to be specified on whos responsibility it is to deal with the following areas.

:Payment transaction

:vat and fee handling

:Storage of Digital goods

:Delivery of digital goods

:Customer and technical support of sold items

:Returns and refund process.

Also the percentage needs to be looked at on the basis of how much traffic comes through.  For instance DAZ3D have a huge amount of traffic, so 50% of the total sales are taken which DAZ3D which seems allot but not when your selling loads.  Their 50% covers all the above criteria.  The seller does nothing but make the product and submit it for approval, then waits for the money to come in.  A Vendor tool is handy in this case where sales data is available to the seller.  These are only a few things iv picked up, im sure there are many more things to take into account also.

Dan

• Like 1

Vozzz    81

i think a seller badge definitly makes sense. one that links to the persons shop. 

also i like the idea of charging an entry fee to sell. It will prevent the shop from being flooded with substandard goods.  But maybe 60 euro is to steep for new sellers. I thinking have cheaper options with higher fees is a good idea. 

3D-Pangel    190
5 hours ago, Vozzz said:

i think a seller badge definitly makes sense. one that links to the persons shop. 

also i like the idea of charging an entry fee to sell. It will prevent the shop from being flooded with substandard goods.  But maybe 60 euro is to steep for new sellers. I thinking have cheaper options with higher fees is a good idea. 

Vozz,

I would agree with you.  The seller fee will cut down on the shop being flooded with substandard goods.  I think the TS model is a flat 40% of every sale with no upfront costs - and that does yield some pretty lame products being listed on TS.

...but what was also mentioned in this thread is that every product gets reviewed for quality before it is listed.  If that is possible, and the lame products are kept from being sold at the Cafe, then I would like to submit a "no fee/higher Cafe percentage" option.  Some people may want to sell their stuff, but to test those waters don't want to spend the $60 to only find out that the Cafe marketplace is not working out for them.  The $60 fee may in fact keep them from even considering selling models on the Cafe.

Just a thought for a lower cost of entry for the timid at heart.  They can convert at any time to the regular model if they see some success with their sales.

Dave

SIgor,

One thing you need to consider is how to determine authenticity of the good.  Not sure how TS does it, but there has to be some legal agreements the seller needs to sign that removes the Cafe from all accountability should somebody be selling something that is not theirs.   For example, I have purchased Evermotion models in OBJ format and put a ton of work into them to convert them to C4D (some were used in this video).  Now some of the conversions required  sections being completely remodeled and re-textured, but does that make the models mine to sell?  In my opinion, absolutely NOT.  But someone else may think differently, not intentionally want to do something illegal, sell the stuff on the Cafe, and then it comes out that the models were originally from TS,  DAZ, free downloads from another site, etc....etc...etc... and then the Cafe is equally at fault for whatever happens next because the Cafe took a percentage of the sale.

In short, get a good lawyer before you proceed with this.  

Dave

• Like 1

Vozzz    81

well thats another reason for the entry fee. It cuts out people who re-sell models pretty solidly. 

I think something like $20 for the minimum tire is fine. I mean, worst case, you support the cafe :)  Also reviewing the submitted models will take time. People reviewing them should get some compensation, right?  They are taking time out of their day. 

Also, maybe an option to split profits between members of the cafe? Might be too hard. But if one person models and the other rigs? Or is someone wants to sell their models, but can't pay the entry fee. Another member could for example sponsor them, in exchange for 20% of profits? i dunno. That might be too hard to code. 

• Like 1