Jump to content

Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 



Recommended Posts

ejewels    0

I've found myself in this situation a lot and wondering if there is something I'm missing. I have a plain effector that is animating a single group of objects scale and rotation. I have 5 more groups that need animating so I set up 5 duplicate effectors and just moved them to the appropriate area where the groups are.

Since I am using the same parameters in all of the duplicate plain effectors, is there a way to set up one of the effectors as a "master" so that you only have to change the parameters once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shadd    0

Are you using the effectors on Mograph generators (cloner, fracture, etc.). It doesn't sound like you are, but perhaps dropping all your objects into some fractures would work, and then you could use the same effector(s) on all the fractures. Another option would be to use expresso and connect all the properties from all your effectors to one master one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abyss    19

Yes not sure what setup you have and if you really need all those duplicate effectors?

but if you do, its basically just set driver(your master) and set driven to all the other effectors. 

right click on your parameter and its under xpressions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ejewels    0
  • Topic Author
  • Yes each group has a motext object and fracture object with 3 shapes within it. If I use the same effector for all 5 groups, then all of them react at the same time and since each group is at different positions and animate at different times, I had to use multiple effectors. If there is a workaround this, I'm obviously all ears.

     

    I can try the set driver and see if that works. How do you set Set Driver for the entire Plain effector? I only know how to do it on separate parameters.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Abyss    19
    22 minutes ago, ejewels said:

    Yes each group has a motext object and fracture object with 3 shapes within it. If I use the same effector for all 5 groups, then all of them react at the same time and since each group is at different positions and animate at different times, I had to use multiple effectors. If there is a workaround this, I'm obviously all ears.

     

    I can try the set driver and see if that works. How do you set Set Driver for the entire Plain effector? I only know how to do it on separate parameters.

    Well perhaps if you use a fall off on the plain effector? like linear. you could animate that and have each group affected at different times.

    Also if you had R18 theres the ReEffector..

    You can also just select all your effectors at once and change multiple parameters at once, as long as you have selected all of them.

    I think the Set driver would be for each individual parameter. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    ejewels    0
  • Topic Author
  • 40 minutes ago, Abyss said:

    Well perhaps if you use a fall off on the plain effector? like linear. you could animate that and have each group affected at different times.

    How would you have each group affected at different times? I'm using Linear for each one now.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Abyss    19
    23 minutes ago, ejewels said:

    How would you have each group affected at different times? I'm using Linear for each one now.

    Well you said your groups are all in different positions. I dont know what your scene looks like and where your groups are positioned.

    But just have your effector reach your/cover your second group later than the first group. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    ejewels    0
  • Topic Author
  • Yeah thats the issue, since its linear, it affects others that are anywhere in its path. So although each group is positioned in different areas of the scene, the linear path still hits some of them

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Abyss    19
    17 minutes ago, ejewels said:

    Yeah thats the issue, since its linear, it affects others that are anywhere in its path. So although each group is positioned in different areas of the scene, the linear path still hits some of them

    Well you could also use a shape that will encapsulate all of the group. a big box shape perhaps. But if multiple effectors are easier, than just do that. It doesnt seem like you will use a 100 effectors so you should be fine.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×