Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Piebaron

Discussion about Take System + R.Setting

Piebaron    8

The introduction of the takes system has saved me a lot of time, I use it  a lot.  

There's one small issue I have, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about this;

The choice to have render settings parameters not be included as part of the scope of the take system.

I think its excellent to be able to set different render settings per take.

But often there are situations where I want to use the same render settings but only change the frame range, for example, or something trivial like that, in which case it starts to feel unproductive to make multiple render settings which are identical except that one parameter like frame range or fps etc. 

Ideally, I would like to have the option to include render settings into the scope of the take system, so you use the render settings from the parent take, but are able to override specific parameters.

After writing all this I realised the capability to use hierarchical render settings, which basically solves this problem , in a way its like the take system..