mentalimonca

How can I align joint rotation?

Hey guys, I'm very lost. As you can see in the images I don't have any problems aligning the move axis, but the rotation axis is not aligned to the bones. How can I fix it? I need to align it in order to do the finger movement. I'm following vertex pusher tutorials tho, but I'm very lost now!

Please help!

arm.c4d

Sin título-2.jpg

Sin título-1.jpg

• Topic Author
  • I just found this topic and it brings a excellent solution: Anyways I would like to know if there is another way, a more automatic and less manual way. 

If you select the joint, and Enable the Axis tool you can rotate the joint, hold the shift key to quantize the movement, then deactivate the Axis tool.  Now when you select the joint it will have a different axis.

Dan

1 hour ago, mentalimonca said:

Hey guys, I'm very lost. As you can see in the images I don't have any problems aligning the move axis, but the rotation axis is not aligned to the bones. How can I fix it? I need to align it in order to do the finger movement. I'm following vertex pusher tutorials tho, but I'm very lost now!

Please help!

arm.c4d

Sin título-2.jpg

Sin título-1.jpg

Hi mentalimonca,

looks like your rotation axis is in world mode and not in local mode like the move tool!

3 minutes ago, nightlight said:

Hi mentalimonca,

looks like your rotation axis is in world mode and not in local mode like the move tool!

Indeed, so because he is in world mode with the Axis tool enabled he can rotate all night and the axis handle will not show to be moving although it is, and thus when he comes out of World axis mode his Axis tool adjustments will become manifest.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, nightlight said:

Hi mentalimonca,

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

If you select the joint, and Enable the Axis tool you can rotate the joint, hold the shift key to quantize the movement, then deactivate the Axis tool.  Now when you select the joint it will have a different axis.

Dan

Thanks for the answers guys. I changed to object mode and now I can change the rotation of the joints, but I have to do it manually, I can't do it with the Joint Align Tool, like I do with the move axis.  

Anyways now I rigged all the fingers doing it manually, I just have to take the joints out of the hierarchy and rotate them one by one, then I just freeze the coordinates. I always keep the Z axis pointing through the bones as Vertex Pusher recommends, so I don't have any problems rotating manually. 

• Topic Author
  • On 21/3/2017 at 6:33 PM, Rectro said:

What tutorial are you following may I ask?

Dan

Sorry I just saw your question. I'm following Vertex Pusher Training Vol.3. Is the  volumen dedicated to human rigging fundamentals. 

16 minutes ago, mentalimonca said:

Sorry I just saw your question. I'm following Vertex Pusher Training Vol.3. Is the  volumen dedicated to human rigging fundamentals. 

Where can I get this?

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Where can I get this?

Dan

Hey Dan, this guy is Vertex Pusher himself: 

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/profile/58141-hsrdelic/

You can ask him how to get his products. He also has a more advanced rigging product but is recommendable to follow the one I'm currently following first.