Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jagovd

Edit Motion Clips

Guest Jagovd

Hello, I'm new to- and learning Cinema 4D for animating purposes with tutorials on the web, but have a question I can't seem to find explained yet.

- I have a non-symmetrical object simply bouncing up and down and rotating here and there.

- I made a motion clip of it, so that I can add multiple objects in the same scene, bouncing up and down.

The problem is that all the objects now face exactly the same direction. To make it more random I'd like some of the objects rotated slightly. Basically facing a different angle while doing their bouncing and rotation. But how do I rotate a complete animation within a motion clip?

Motion clips is a area that Im also looking into, and the information so far seems little, scattered, and even from Cinevercity is only covered when it came out, and never looked at again.  So here is my take on it from the little I know about it.  Motion clips are baked animations that have no keyframes, but can remain on the original mesh they where made from.  Putting  amotion clip on a duplicate object will not copy the key frames with it, so I suggest you make a motion clip, save it, then go back and edition the key frames to produce another variation of your choice, produce and save that motion clip and so on.  Then load the motion clips in for the duplicated objects.   If you find anything out please do post as it seems it was added years ago, forgot about, and never revisited again.

In the mean while check these videos out.

https://vimeo.com/12475571

https://vimeo.com/12529218

PS: Just reading your thread again, you can always use simulation with  wind, and if wanted you can bake that  into a motion clip, change the direction of the wind, make another motion clip, and so on, then apply the motion clips to copies of the balls, just another way.

Dan

You can place simple vibrate tag with a little rotation on one or two axis. In this example these two lads have exactly the same motion clip ( simple up and down movement an bit of rotation). Then little time offset and vibrate tag added.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i31qeiymdmbo32/vibrate.mov?dl=0

vibrate.jpg

Seems a shame to have to revert to radom simulations when NLA should give you as a animator control.  Id like to know if you can convert Motion clips to Keyframes,  that changes things.  A for simulation like bouncing ball put int a motion clip, id like for it to make a guide of motion that can be changed with tag points.

The only videos iv seen that are somewhat new, are the digital tutors ones.

Dan

Sorry to revive this dead thread.... But wouldn't the ultimate solution to this, simply be to animate a NULL object (with the ball within it). Get the 'bouncing ball' effect by animating the Null, rather than the Ball..... That way you have your 'bouncing ball' animation, and can place any 3D object inside the Null and rotate it however you want.