PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D
PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D
CApruzzese

New gothic horror animation

22 posts in this topic

I am working on a new gothic animation, not Lovecraft this time. I thought I should give him a rest. So I am working on Staley Fleming's Hallucination by Ambrose Bierce. It's taking aw while.  I am taking a break from learning Blender to do this little project in C4D. Starting with some props. The bed and table are all me but the chair is part me but mostly an office chair model I had modified. The character will be hard as usual, but i think I have a workflow to get them done that is improving each film. 

This will mostly take place in one room ( a bedroom) so I am putting extra attention into the props. 

fireplacce.png

4 post bed.png

reading chair:table.png

3 people like this

Cool idea for a project :) Models not bad so far, but is there any reason I can see faceting on the chair and bed sheets ? Are they missing a phong tag ?

CBR

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Cool idea for a project :) Models not bad so far, but is there any reason I can see faceting on the chair and bed sheets ? Are they missing a phong tag ?

CBR

I haven't checked the phong tag yet, but I bet you are right. The room won't be well lit, so I might be doing too much work, but I like these so far and I can probably use them in the other projects later one. 

Further along. Still need some work on the lighting but I think all the details the room needs are there now. 

bedroom_set.png

1 person likes this

update: first character, the old doctor is about done.  These guys always look so weird until they can be posed and get some expression on their face! 

doctor controls.png

1 person likes this

The second set is done - if it can be called a set. I really wanted it to be simple and sort of expressionistic in lighting. 

waiting for the bell set test.png

Moving along, The hell hound is done -I am working out a Ghostly effect" for it and this is the remaining character. Almost there then he needs to be rigged and I can start animating. Still waiting to get some dialog recorded though! 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.21.08.png

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, CApruzzese said:

Moving along, The hell hound is done -I am working out a Ghostly effect" for it and this is the remaining character. Almost there then he needs to be rigged and I can start animating. Still waiting to get some dialog recorded though! 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.21.08.png

May I ask how are you planning to animate the cloth on this one? I'm really interested. 

1 hour ago, bentraje said:

May I ask how are you planning to animate the cloth on this one? I'm really interested. 

You may and I am going simple with this one. I tried to use cloth to animate a lab coat on my last project and it s was a disaster. I have added a jiggle deformer to the sleeping cap so the will move around little and I might  do the same to the lower part of the  dressing gown.  Just to give it a little secondary movement.  I might put a sheet over him one clip using cloth and see how that goes since it's a simpler simulation to run.

A quick update. Still working hard on this (and an Edgar Allen Poe animation) but it's stalled a bit while I wait for the second voice part to be recorded. In this shot the doctor is reading downstairs and hears his patient ringing the servant's bell to indicate he has awakened again with another hallucination.  I have not put anything of this online yet so you'll have to download the file, sorry. 

reading.m4v

Looking good. Are you using c4d hair object hair?

48 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Looking good. Are you using c4d hair object hair?

I am, but i have problems with it lately. Luckily I wanted him to have thinning hair!  I also used Nitro4D's magic book plugin to control the page flipping. It's not good for all circumstances but It was a time saver for me this time out.