Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ayuvelo

Cinema 4D doesn't show up

Guest Ayuvelo

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PC so I had to reinstall Windows and Cinema.  The problem now is that I can't get Cinema to launch.
When clicking the .exe nothing happens, yet in the Task Manager Cinema 4D appears and uses a normal amount of resources, just like it's running.

I also tried with the commandline.exe and it seems like it stops loading before checking Plugins (I don't have anything custom installed yet). See attachment.

Before I got this problem I had another one - it said libmmd.dll is missing but I resolved it by installing the "Redistributable libraries for Intel C++ and Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 for Windows"

What I tried:

• reinstalling Cinema 4D
  • changing out Plugins folder with my backup from last working install
  • reinstalling the graphics driver
  • searching everywhere what LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: intrinsic %llvm.x86.sse41.pblendvb could mean and not finding anything except "maybe something with graphics driver"
  • Deleting Crypto folder in  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

I don't really know what to do anymore so any possible help is very welcome.

cmd line error.PNG

Have you asked MAXON about this ?

CBR

Guest Ayuvelo
22 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Have you asked MAXON about this ?

CBR

Not yet, since it's Sunday I thought Forum might be faster.

Aha - I just spotted the word Ryzen in your screenshot. R18 doesn't work with Ryzen processors !

But there is an unsupported workaround that @HSrdelic mentioned in a thread specifically about this problem. So a search for Ryzen here should find it

CBR

Guest Ayuvelo
20 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Aha - I just spotted the word Ryzen in your screenshot. R18 doesn't work with Ryzen processors !

But there is an unsupported workaround that @HSrdelic mentioned in a thread specifically about this problem. So a search for Ryzen here should find it

CBR

Thanks mate!

Deleting "mesa" from "/resource/libs/win64" really did fix it.

Guest NotLuis

Thank you very much, I'm sort of a PC newbie coming from Mac and I assembled a Ryzen machine just to work on C4D, I almost jump out of the window when found that C4D r18 wasn't launching after installing, thanks guys!