Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

HSrdelic

TD Master Section / Now Available

Igor    459

Guys, you can now enter in TDMSC forum. :) 

Feel free to post, share ideas, ask questions... :compEnjoy:

MarioD    5

I'm very interested on all you said.

More Studios are looking at Cinema 4D as a real alternative since Softimage was killed and Maya is not an alternative anymore.

And those studios and teams need to keep doing complex work so all you can teach us is very welcome. I see a bright future ahead for C4D.

http://www.cgchannel.com/2016/02/MAXON-working-on-new-core-architecture-for-cinema-4d/

Cheers!

• Like 1

mbyrne    5

Subscribed last night, this is a no brainer. Excellent rig and so simple with just two lines of code!

Please consider doing an realistic ship rig with delay controls or polygon unfolding setup

Matt

• Like 1

Igor    459
1 hour ago, mbyrne said:

Please consider doing an realistic ship rig with delay controls or polygon unfolding setup

This will probably be a tutorial in the future, as I saw the rigg Hrvoje manage to do with a ship. :)

And please, if you have some free time, writing a little review in store section would be appreciated and very helpful. 

djfilms    25
On 5/20/2017 at 4:16 PM, MarioD said:

since Softimage was killed and Maya is not an alternative anymore.

Mario, i'm interested to know why you say Maya is not an alternative. Any info gratefully received. regards, David

3D-Pangel    177
On 5/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, MarioD said:

More Studios are looking at Cinema 4D as a real alternative since Softimage was killed and Maya is not an alternative anymore.

Care to elaborate on that?  Or were you saying that Maya is not an alternative for you alone (rather than studios)? If you really meant that Maya is not an alternative for Studios, then why?  Is it because of Autodesk's subscription model or something else that I completely missed?

Dave

3D-Pangel    177
On 5/19/2017 at 5:14 AM, HSrdelic said:

We thought about this and only way to counteract it is to increase initial subscription purchase price once there is enough content, which will be followed then by regular monthly fee. Either way early subscribers will benefit the most, and even if we decide to later increase subscription monthly fee, the ones that got it and extend it regularly before increase preserve privileged price.

@Nachov

Good idea, will see what we can do

Hrvoje,

Have you started publishing a list of tutorials that have been created  for the Master Class Section?  Can this list be posted outside of that forum? There is nothing in the description about the tutorials in the store page.  I think it would be important to know what people are missing.

Now here are some of my thoughts....and I will be perfectly honest.

I am going to wait until the Master Class section has enough content or some really desirable content before I subscribe and I am willing to pay more in the future than pay every month now and hope for more content in the future.  If I don't know what I am missing, then I will never subscribe. 

I am not sure how many people have subscribed yet, but if you are not seeing the numbers you were hoping for then maybe my position is not unique.   If that is the case, then may I make a suggestion?

Have each tutorial in the Master Class be available for purchase separately outside of the subscription model.   Depending on the length and depth of the subject, you could charge similar to what the Vertex Pusher tutorials cost.  This gives people options - subscribe and get them for free along with access to the forum or purchase separately (no access to forum). 

One thing we do know is that they will be well done and worth whatever you charge.  But having thought about the subscription model, it would only be enticing to me once you have a pretty substantial library of content already created and a good track record of generating tutorials on a regular basis.  

I have faith in you producing great product, but you do have a full time job with MAXON too along with running this forum.  Also, I am sure that you have a life outside of C4D which should take a higher priority.  So despite your best laid plans, things happen and the tutorials may not come at a pace we would all desire in a perfect world.  Thus my desire to "wait and see".

I hope you understand.

Dave

HSrdelic    641

Hi Dave :)

Your concerns are noted and arguments are valid. If you are waiting to see enough content to subscribe that is entirely up to you but entry fee will rise once there is enough content.  I can assure you that I have enough time allocated and can produce them reasonably fast due to their structure, as oppose to full blown A-Z trainings which are very, very demanding to do.
btw I am uploading new lesson as we speak :)

Cheers

3D-Pangel    177
3 minutes ago, HSrdelic said:

Hi Dave :)

Your concerns are noted and arguments are valid. If you are waiting to see enough content to subscribe that is entirely up to you but entry fee will rise once there is enough content.  I can assure you that I have enough time allocated and can produce them reasonably fast due to their structure, as oppose to full blown A-Z trainings which are very, very demanding to do.
btw I am uploading new lesson as we speak :)

Cheers

That's great...very comfortable with waiting and paying more.  But when can we get a list of tutorials?  

Again, I have to see what tutorials have been created to date to make a determination either way.  Hopefully along with a list of title and/or subject matter, we get length of tutorial, C4D version required, date created and whether or not the tutorial includes project files (a la: cmiVFX, Pluralsight, Lynda.com, Cineversity, etc...etc...etc...)

Dave

HSrdelic    641
49 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

But when can we get a list of tutorials?  

We are working on making a part of the TD forum visible to everyone. All Classes come with project file, summary, duration etc :)

Currently there are two classes. First is double constrain ball and chain rig, and second one is Lepesa(fan) primitive rig, both using Xpresso and Python node.

bezo    409

Congrats Hrvoje to open TDMSC forum. Project based tutorials or deeper dedication to extremly powerful tools (as xpresso or python for instance really are) in "real" examples are missed (not only on our forum) for long time...

Maybe some kind of great example can be Dr.Sassi on Cineversity forum...

• Like 1

Igor    459

Ok guys, TDMSC is now better organized and those who aren't subscribed can only see 'List of Content' while our TDMSC subscribers can see everything. :)

• Like 1