NaveenM

Disabling multiple objects at once

I have a seen with a few dozen boxes. I'd like to disable a bunch of them.

Now, I know how to select multiple boxes. But when I click the green check mark to disable them, only the object I clicked on is disabled. The others still have the green check box next to them (are enabled, I can see them).

I did a few searches and some suggestions where to group the objects and then disable the group. But that brings up other problems for me down the road in terms of organization.

Anyway to disable multiple objects without grouping, or do I have to do each one individually?

Thanks!

• Topic Author
  • So basically I do have to group them? I wanted to see if there was a way to do it WITHOUT grouping.

2 minutes ago, NaveenM said:

So basically I do have to group them? I wanted to see if there was a way to do it WITHOUT grouping.

if you are going to do this a lot , then you can link them together with xpresso . or a simple python script to hide the selected objects 

3D is where your dreams come true ... or at least mine :D

What ?  To turn a whole bunch of stuff red (off), you double-click the first object's traffic light, and without letting go of the last click, drag the mouse down over the other objects you are trying to turn off. It will paint them all off in a row without a single other click. They do have to be under each other in the OM for that approach to work best obviously...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Got it. So looks like there's no way to do exactly what I want to do. Will follow one of the other methods.

Thanks all for the responses!

7 minutes ago, NaveenM said:

Got it. So looks like there's no way to do exactly what I want to do. Will follow one of the other methods.

Thanks all for the responses!

No, the thing I suggested also works for the green ticks, but you don't even have to double click for them ! Isn't that exactly what you wanted ? It's no more clicks than turning off one object...

Isn't this what the Layer system is for? 

Add all the boxes you don't want to see to a layer (right click, add to layer) and then down on the layers, you can turn on or off the eyeball for that group.

You can make as many groups as you can handle, but you can only assign one layer to one box.

Yeah, between the other methods here, and layers, I'm not finding much to complain about in our choices for doing this :)