Insydium Cycles
Insydium Cycles
gearspec

Isometric Half Life Garage

5 posts in this topic

I love the isometric view. I was trying to learn Game Environment design and thought why not a Half life style hot rod in a half life style "resistance" garage.
Its low poly because, I was hoping to bake and import to Unity and export to Android to see what happens.

Half Life Hotrod Dune Buggy

garage_making.thumb.png.f30d764380584e8472d727d12bc6de39.png

garage_v1.thumb.JPG.69ef723301aee6e941cda5afdae1f14e.JPG

1 person likes this

Ah half life. Still have hopes for 3rd game. 

4 hours ago, VECTOR said:

Ah half life. Still have hopes for 3rd game. 

Transmission element 120 (half life mod) is amazing. http://store.steampowered.com/app/365300/
The textures look amazing for source a game.

I am learning valve source engine, but its pretty hard (just like everything worth in life). I am trying to make Make CS GO maps first to get started.
But so much to learn about Game Design.  Also need to learn so much about C4D. The only problem is even if I make a full mod of half life and put it on Steam for say $3.99 , there is a hefty investment to it. 

This is from Valve:  https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/source_games

• For any Source Engine game that charges money, Havok needs to be paid a licensing fee of $25,000 for the physics engine. You will need to pay this fee up front before making your game available for sale on Steam. 

:cry: 

Looks great, I love isometric renders but find that those are not easy to make so good job! :) 

4 hours ago, SIgor said:

Looks great, I love isometric renders but find that those are not easy to make so good job! :) 

Thanks man.  I am trying to create more complex scenes with lot more livelier isometric environment, a friend of mine pointed out, there should have been oil dripping, crowbar, an old engine,steam etc. to make things more interesting.  So gonna create one and see how it goes. If you have any suggestions , it would be great.

1 person likes this