Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

TracyE

Bend an object along a spline

TracyE    0

I have the object shown (Fake Tool) animating along a spline (using Align To Spline expression/Position). I want the object to bend with the curve of the spline rather than stay stiff (I know I may need more subdivisions eventually). I can't quite figure out how to make this happen.

I've tried Spline Wrap but seems to wrap everything rather than just the object.

Bender.jpg

Cerbera    1,203
1 minute ago, TracyE said:

I've tried Spline Wrap but seems to wrap everything rather than just the object.

It is likely that your spline-wrap settings were just wrong, for that IS the way to do what you want. Pls post the scene file and we can help you further...

CBR

TracyE    0
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the quick response. Apparently I had the hierarchy screwed up.

I was trying to use the same spline for the Sweep and the bending tool. Once I duplicated the spline (MASTER SPLINE/Spline for Well) the spline wrap worked as expected.

58fa2bdada5f7_ScreenShot2017-04-21at10_54_18AM.thumb.jpg.13d142f72a36b5f6556dd8d25746d6ca.jpg

So the scene is now working, but is there a way to use the same spline for both objectives?