Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Sign in to follow this  
sampei

Slide Edge Loops - Direction ?

sampei    0

hello, so I was wondering if the following would be possible to achieve with a script:

when we have a couple of edge loops, selecting both of them and sliding, sometimes will slide them in the same direction, other times will slide them apart from each other. For example if we have a standard cube (A) and we slide opposing loops this will be in the same direction (B) however if we deselect one edge (this seems to be random, as it only works with specific edges belonging to the loops) then the edge loops are slid in opposite directions (C).

So what I'd like is having the option to control this behaviour, when sliding a pair of edge loops at the same time. Is this possible? thanks in advance

slide_direction.png

Cerbera    1,205

I have no idea how you'd control that with a script. I'm not sure you can.

But if you add your edges with edge cut and use the modifier keys, then pinch and slide works exactly like Max's Connect tool - ie they ALWAYS go in opposite directions unless your modifiers tell them not to. Perhaps you could exploit that to your advantage...

CBR

bezo    414

Sometimes can be useful to use bevel tool with 0 subdivisions and dissolve unnecessary edge loops. This way offset will be preserved for both loops on both sides...

sampei    0
  • Topic Author
  • thanks for the input guys, if only there was a way to convert dissolved loops into ring selections,  a small coffee script could allow to always have predictable results with edge cut, and in one step. Can't think of a way to achieve this though, too bad :306: