Cinema 4D Plugin
Cinema 4D Plugin
SIgor

SIGGRAPH 2017 : Preview

6 posts in this topic

Mind blowing...make sure you check this out guys! :) 

3 people like this

This is soooooo amazing. Although I doubt I understand a thing about those technical papers. Hahaha

1 hour ago, bentraje said:

This is soooooo amazing. Although I doubt I understand a thing about those technical papers. Hahaha

Same thing with me! :) 

Wow , Mind blowing !

I wonder why 3d companies don't add those features to their programs , sometimes I see a cool paper from 2012 , and not used yet by 3d apps 

Because sometimes something that is technically possible is not artistically useable without a lot of work. The warp stabilizer paper came out long before it was implemented in After Effects (and then Premiere Pro).

2 people like this

Also, it is possible these proofs of concept / technology demos are the property of the university where the listed authors are studying / working. I believe in most cases they are in a university environment.

Or even if not, they certainly aren't going to give that technology away. Probably takes some time to negotiate for the rights to it and then like Zalam is saying, takes a while to integrate it into the app. I remember one of the Photoshop guys was demoing something (in this same way - different kind of tech obviously) in the alpha/beta program and maybe two years later, there was a partial implementation in Photoshop. Didn't look exactly the same but you could tell it was the same algorithm behind the UI.

Probably anything you see now that a dev wants, don't expect to see it implemented until about 2020. Still cool in its own right though!

2 people like this