MAXON is happy to invite you to a 'MAXON User Meetings 2017' which are taking place on 29.09. in Cologne, 06.10. in Hamburg, 13.10. in Munich. Regardless where you are, you are more than welcome to join the meeting. :)

For some more information please click HERE!

Simmy

BodyPaint 3D open beta

Simmy    50

How very un-expected!!

I just received an email from MAXON inviting me to try the latest update to BodyPaint they announced last yeah in the form of an open beta. Hopefully the link below will work....

https://www.MAXON.net/en/news/MAXON-blog/bodypaint-3d-open-beta

Another new move from MAXON (although I thought we were getting this update by now) I will certainly check it out.

• Like 2

Rectro    478

Looks promising but after all this time gone find it a bit odd that its at this stage?  Maybe they have added much more than they are letting on, I hope at least UDIMS in r19 is supported.  I would assume when its out all r18 users onward will get it as a free update.  I think a Public beta is a good move as it gets problems ironed out far quicker.

Dan

Simmy    50

Yeah I hope so. I will try and get it downloaded tonight and see what its all about. To be honest it has been so long I have forgotten what's in it but I doubt there will be more in than announced.

I really hope I am wrong though.

Rectro    478
5 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Yeah I hope so. I will try and get it downloaded tonight and see what its all about. To be honest it has been so long I have forgotten what's in it but I doubt there will be more in than announced.

I really hope I am wrong though.

Dont think they have sent out links yet, at least I havent got mine.

Dan

Simmy    50

Did you try clicking the link above? You have to register to gain access.

I did it and they sent an email straight out with a download link

Rectro    478
Just now, Simmy said:

Did you try clicking the link above? You have to register to gain access.

I did it and they sent an email straight out with a download link

Yea I filled out the form and registered with the same email as my account with them, nothing came through, or in junk mail?

Dan

Simmy    50

Oh right, no idea then. Mine was across in secounds!!

Also I just noticed on the email which is interesting "Please note that the beta version will expire on August 31, 2017! After this date, the BodyPaint 3D beta version will no longer run."

So it would appear we are getting the full update until at least September or later.

Rectro    478
6 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Oh right, no idea then. Mine was across in secounds!!

Also I just noticed on the email which is interesting "Please note that the beta version will expire on August 31, 2017! After this date, the BodyPaint 3D beta version will no longer run."

So it would appear we are getting the full update until at least September or later.

Il try again later on, but Im not too bothered as im not able to try it at the moment anyway.  September would sit right on r19.

Dan

teknow    259

I registered and have had no email in 2 hours

Cerbera    1,034

Public beta hey ? Who'd have thought...

Nice to see some further evidence that MAXON ARE listening. We've been asking, and this is another improvement in their communication / interaction with the userbase that is very welcome with me...

CBR

Rectro    478

@Cerbera You can say that again, ::):  Public beta will for sure give MAXON hands on feedback.

Dan

Simmy    50

Installing now