MAXON is happy to invite you to a 'MAXON User Meetings 2017' which are taking place on 29.09. in Cologne, 06.10. in Hamburg, 13.10. in Munich. Regardless where you are, you are more than welcome to join the meeting. :)

For some more information please click HERE!

Simmy

BodyPaint 3D open beta

Icecaveman    66
1 hour ago, Rectro said:

@Cerbera You can say that again, ::):  Public beta will for sure give MAXON hands on feedback.

Dan

I suspect they'll fall in love w/the faster and sturdier development than can be done when using wide scale beta testers.

teknow    259

Has anyone else been able to download it? I'm itching to get behind the wheel.

Icecaveman    66

Hey Simmy, did it install a completely separate app... I'm nervous to install as I don't want my current configuration to get altered.

Simmy    50
22 minutes ago, Icecaveman said:

Hey Simmy, did it install a completely separate app... I'm nervous to install as I don't want my current configuration to get altered.

Its a new install just as a BETA app

• Like 2

mrittman    3

Anyone know if the UV tools are getting a facelift alongside BodyPaint?

zeden    20
1 hour ago, mrittman said:

I guess they would have shown in the vid

arail    22

Weird. I registered and the moment I hit submit I received an email. Downloading now.

arail    22
6 hours ago, mrittman said:

At first glance, no. Disappointed.

Rectro    478

I still havent got my link?

Dan

nicks    6

I just signed up, and got my link straight away - I've never really used BP before, but am going to give it a try. All of my work is in ArchVz & interiors, so I've never really found it to be anyhting missing in my toolset... That said, I've always been interested in playing around with it. Does anyone here use BP for Archviz work?

I've been using C4d for 10 years now, and can remember that people have been wishing for this update since way back then! It's a shame if the UV tools haven't been given any love though - that's also something that has been on everyone's wishlist since I started using!

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about it.

Cheers,

Nick

Simmy    50

Agreed, I would have been much more excited for UV Tool updates. I still hope this will come soon.

This does appear to be a small update focused on painting with enhanced openGL enabled. I haven't found any problems with it yet although I haven't really done much with it. On my next project I may try using it to create and paint textures and see how I get on.

I think the most useful thing for me will being able to get that enhanced openGL Tessellation feedback when directly trying to paint any thing in the bump channel

arail    22

Quite disappointed. Painting is something I rarely have to do whereas UV work is fundamental to me. And it makes me think that if MAXON is listening to their users more now, it's only up to a certain extent. I hear complaints about the cumbersome UV tools continually on these forums. Painting not so much. To put out the new updated BP with the same old out of date UV tools is really a mistake.

Still can't sell off my modo license, need it for the superior UV tools. Maybe I need to look at some Blender UV tutorials, see what's shaking over there.