Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Simmy

BodyPaint 3D open beta

Rectro    525
3 hours ago, arail said:

Quite disappointed. Painting is something I rarely have to do whereas UV work is fundamental to me. And it makes me think that if MAXON is listening to their users more now, it's only up to a certain extent. I hear complaints about the cumbersome UV tools continually on these forums. Painting not so much. To put out the new updated BP with the same old out of date UV tools is really a mistake.

Still can't sell off my modo license, need it for the superior UV tools. Maybe I need to look at some Blender UV tutorials, see what's shaking over there.

Im also keeping my MODO licence, and Uv tools/modeling would have been a reason to do that If I didnt use Unfold3d, for me its MODO modelling tools which im holding hope for in C4D r19, then maybe I can sell my MODO licence.  If I was keeping MODO just for its Uvs, then Id get 3DCoat,  or  Unfold3d if you wanted ultimate UV quality.

Dan

MauricioPC    47

Just as a side note ... don't keep your hopes up on selling your Modo license. Now, if you want to sell, the buyer has to automatically purchase maintenance. So he has to pay the $100 license transfer + $399 maintenance. Meaning your license will be worth less when you sell.

After this v11 update, I regret buying a used Modo 601 license. It was only $100 in the hope of an upgrade, but I should have spent that money into 3D-Coat.

RBarrett    86
3 hours ago, arail said:

Painting is something I rarely have to do whereas UV work is fundamental to me. And it makes me think that if MAXON is listening to their users more now, it's only up to a certain extent.

The blog that introduced this effort mentioned that UV tools are definitely on the radar and an effort that would be coming after the OpenGL painting. There are many reasons for prioritizing this way, but perhaps the biggest is that BodyPaint 3D painting was the only area still using software shading and was hampering efforts to streamline viewport enhancements around OpenGL.

• Like 4

arail    22
1 hour ago, RBarrett said:

The blog that introduced this effort mentioned that UV tools are definitely on the radar and an effort that would be coming after the OpenGL painting. There are many reasons for prioritizing this way, but perhaps the biggest is that BodyPaint 3D painting was the only area still using software shading and was hampering efforts to streamline viewport enhancements around OpenGL.

Thanks. That gives me something to look forward to. 

arail    22
1 hour ago, Mauriciopc said:

Just as a side note ... don't keep your hopes up on selling your Modo license. Now, if you want to sell, the buyer has to automatically purchase maintenance. So he has to pay the $100 license transfer + $399 maintenance. Meaning your license will be worth less when you sell.

After this v11 update, I regret buying a used Modo 601 license. It was only $100 in the hope of an upgrade, but I should have spent that money into 3D-Coat.

Damn, should have seen that coming. So once C4D has better UV tools modo becomes abandonware on my computer.

If I can't sell the modo license for the cost of 3D Coat then there's no reason to sell it. 

• Like 1

3DKiwi    316

I wouldn't hold your breathe on expecting UV tool enhancements in R19 folks. All you can expect is a couple of minor tweaks to a couple of UV tools. Major enhancements are a long way off.

My guess is with the new painting enhancements you still can't paint with symmetry. You should be able to toggle symmetry painting on and off as you can in other apps.

• Like 2

Rectro    525
3 hours ago, Mauriciopc said:

Some good points there.  I may just get onto a subscription if possible from 902.

Dan

MauricioPC    47

It's possible from any version! So that's a good thing. :)

Rectro    525
1 hour ago, Mauriciopc said:

It's possible from any version! So that's a good thing. :)

Then il wait till MODO has got something to offer than it currently dont have because it will cost me much more to come out of subscription then head back in again.  Back on BP, I do hope they pull something extra out the bag when its released, but for now my biggest decisions are with MSA for C4D Studio, this year it has to offer something I actually need to warrant the £540, we will see.

Dan

bobc4d    90

I registered just after it was posted and I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY LINK and I used the email I register with. :confused:

Rectro    525
36 minutes ago, bobc4d said:

I registered just after it was posted and I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY LINK and I used the email I register with. :confused:

I found that if I used a Hotmail.com email address I got no link, I used another email address and it came through right away.

Dan

teknow    259

Anyone in the US get theirs? I'm still waiting.