Cinema 4D Plugin
Cinema 4D Plugin
Simmy

BodyPaint 3D open beta

62 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Edouard said:

UV & Painting features in  Zbrush, Mudbox, Modo or Maya are much more intuitive and powerful  IMO

UV's yes (except ZBrush, which has a rudimentary UV toolset from what I've seen and isn't really set up for it). Painting? ZBrush has polypainting, which is basically vertex paint and is just okay; Maya's implementation is pretty basic and not too intuitive, from what I recall; Modo I don't remember too well; Mudbox I haven't used (to paint with), but I've heard it's very good. However, it is a "stand-alone" program for sculpting and painting and I was comparing BodyPaint to built-in paint features in programs like Maya. I think of Mudbox as a kind of plug-in for Maya, making up for Maya's lack of sculpting and painting abilities.

Hoping they work on the UV creation/editing tools. At least have an Atlas or Atlas 2 mapping projection option. The visual feedback is welcome. Until C4D has better UV editing tools I will be using Modo to create and edit the UVs. I hope something is done in that regard.