Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

BuddaZero

Ground Crack Compositing

BuddaZero    1

Hey Everyone,

I have a basic idea on how to create and animate a ground crack in c4d, thanks to Voronoi Fracture, I also have an understanding on how to 3d track a scene, what I'm not to sure on, is when you do a ground crack effect in c4d, how does the ground itself in the video, become a material on the cracked pieces? Like when the pieces fly off, how does the floor in the video stick to the object pieces?

An example of this effect is in the link below that I found online. Any tips/advice will do, I'm getting use to c4d, now I'm just trying to get through using materials more efficiently.

Thank you for your time. 

Cerbera    1,120

There's a tutorial by the very guys that made that video in the related videos to the one you posted ! That walks you through the whole process, although he's using Thrausi rather than Voronoi fracture....

CBR

BuddaZero    1
On 5/16/2017 at 0:46 AM, Cerbera said:

There's a tutorial by the very guys that made that video in the related videos to the one you posted ! That walks you through the whole process, although he's using Thrausi rather than Voronoi fracture....

CBR

Thank you so much for finding the tut. Through the one you showed me I jumped to another tut that had the solution to one of my other questions. For those who search for this topic in the future, I list my findings below:

In this tut that Cerbera has tut, it shows you how to render out a the Ground Crack as an Ambient Occlusion layer, and then bringing that back into After Effects, and put that Ambient Occlusion Ground Crack Layer on top of your footage, and then applying the Screen Blend Overlay so the cracks can be seen.

In this tut, the user uses the footage as a material for the cracked pieces, so when the pieces break apart, the footage as the material stick to the pieces:Old Tut

In this tutorial (which isn't in English): the user does the same thing again, however the inside pieces also have a material: Old Tut 2

I haven't found a more up to date tutorial on the ground crack effect on live action footage. With Voronoi Fracture now available, I may implement that in my test video/short project, and then share how I did it through a tutorial. When that happens, I'll be sure to share it to this post for people to find it.

Many thanks!

- Budda