Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Simmy

3dconnexion spacenavigator (notebooks)

Simmy    51

So, I just got this...

mouse.thumb.jpg.45ef679d505ae8020deefe2ae6db2ce2.jpg

I was having trouble on my surface pro when I wanted to paint or sculpt a model with the pen. I found it really hard to navigate around the 3D space without a mouse or keyboard so I thought I would try one of these. Although it will take some getting used to I can already sling a model around with a fair bit of accuracy. The only annoying thing is when I do use it to move the model the move tool stays selected so I then have to re-select the brush tool to keep painting.

Even though it is the notebook version it is still pretty heavy and appears to be great build quality and it doesn't slide around the desk. So far I would definitely recommend it if someone is having similar issues.

Cerbera    1,120

Good move, @Simmy ! :) I second that - I have the Space Explorer Pro, which has the advantage of 15 modifier keys as well, so you rarely need to take your hand off it to input keyboard commands. Definitely the easiest, nicest way of navigation in C4D. Makes laptop use considerably less frustrating. Can't recommend these enough - mine is still going 7 years after purchase, with no problems !

CBR

Simmy    51

I was looking at the Pro but really wanted it to be portable and this one was expensive enough. It does have 2 buttons so maybe I can program one of these to select the brush tool which will make the slight niggle I have almost disappear.

One day I may get a Pro for the desktop machine and just carry this one round in my bag.

C4DS    120

I have a Space Navigator, and have assigned SHIFT and CTRL to the two buttons. Wish I could justify the purchase of a pro version, with all the keys and heavier grip.

... One day !

Cerbera    1,120

If anyone is wondering what extra buttons you get with the Pro, they are:

Shift, Esc, Ctrl, Alt, Undo, Redo, Spacebar, Mode Switch (points, edges, polys), Move, Scale, Rotate, SDS on / off. It's a hell of a lot to have under one hand !

CBR