Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Rendercore Lab

Cerbera

Harlaxton Manor Arch Viz WiP

Cerbera    1,202

Hey Cafe

Thought I needed something a bit architectural in my showreel, and inspired as I have been in the past by the typical 3D sort of ultra-modern, simple houses with a pool we see all the time, I decided I wanted to do something old and complicated. And preferably a bit scary.

And then I found Harlaxton Manor, Grantham, UK, set of the dodgy 2005 horror film 'The Haunting', and thought 'there's a challenge', but I did have 500 hours to throw at it. So here we are, the first 100 odd gone, during which I have modelled just the bell tower, its minarets, and its main entrance. And there's still a fair bit of detail to be adding to those.  My grim reapers aren't finished, for example - still need to build them a wall of skulls for their alcoves, and add some more stoney detail goodness to the side towers.

Harlaxton-100-Fron-compt.thumb.jpg.82b8fe19e1f09d8a7bef61a672ea3c21.jpg Harlaxton-100-Front.thumb.jpg.a9e116beb728901305d595e0c1a1a2ef.jpg

I am going for rewardingly high level of modelled detail, which will be extended to the rest of the mansion as I complete it, and its grounds. The small section done so far has given me 2495 objects, and 5 mill subdivided polys so far. Fortunately the rest of it isn't quite as detailed / elaborate, but should still make for a fairly impressive CG enterprise when it's done.

Here's some screenie wires for those of you who (correctly) like that sort of thing ;)

Harlaxton-100-Bell-Tower-Low2.thumb.jpg.74ba0cb1c43b095b99ec3562710ea6d2.jpg   Harlaxton-100-Bell-Tower-Low-Iso.thumb.jpg.9cd221c2e859052324e466ac442f59a0.jpg Harlaxton-100-Bell-Tower-Close-Iso.thumb.jpg.48179f9bd5ee4bba62a65727608b60f3.jpg

CBR

• Like 8

bentraje    82

Epic as always! :) Just wondering did you model it by eye or do you have any reference for the dimensions?

Cerbera    1,202
  • Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Epic as always! :) Just wondering did you model it by eye or do you have any reference for the dimensions?

Cheers. Nope - eyeballing it all the way...

CBR

VECTOR    380

Oh sh** baby!!

maliohammad    270

this is amazing , just give it some nice materials and it would be disney quality model !

Cerbera    1,202
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks guys - appreciate the comments. I'll keep going on this; got the exciting roof sections to do next !

CBR

arail    22

I want to live there

• Like 1

bobc4d    90

oh wow man, that is crazy detailing and beautiful modeling.

• Like 1