PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eugeman

Fracturing cube into smaller cubes

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

C4d newbie Im afraid..

I want to take a cube and fracture it, but into hundreds of little 3d cubes. Any ideas how to do this?

Im actually going to take the fractured object in to Element 3d to do the explode animation there, but I cant find out how to do the uniform cube fracturing. Looking into Voronoi Fracture but never used it before.  I have R16 Studio, but am downloading the R18 demo (with voronoi fracture plugin) to try and achieve this model.

It doesn't seem like it should be too hard, any clues?

Many thanks in adv!

eugeman

I haven't had a reason to use the voronoi fracture yet, but all the demos I've seen say what you want to do is pretty easy. You just need to use a   grid (If I recall correctly, the mograph matrix generator is the way to go) as your point source rather than the default point generator. Someone who has used the voronoi fracture will have to chime in with the actual mechanics of hooking all that up, but what you want to do is completely possible. I know you can learn how to do it on Cineversity, but if you don't have a membership there, some searching on vimeo or youtube should turn up a tutorial on how to use shapes and shaders rather than the default point cloud in the voronoi fracture.

1 person likes this

Those tips were extremely helpful, just what I needed to put me on the right path.

I have managed to do it through the Voronoi fracture in R18 and with a  tutorial on Cineversity on using the Matrix effector within Voronoi Fracture - it seems to have worked.

Many Thanks