Insydium Cycles
Insydium Cycles
BLSmith

[Image] Removing Triangles from a model.

16 posts in this topic

Hey BLSmith

unfortunately model is very bad, can you at least send me a PM with that part of a model to try and solve this?

Another thing that is on my mind and that could help is you need normal tag and you get that from export I guess. Try some other exporting options and try to get normal tag to be included once import is done. Not sure how to explain this!

http://prntscr.com/fb3983

Try these settings when importing  http://prntscr.com/fb39fo

Actual wireframe look, alos messy from import, but with proper Normal tag, this problem is solved http://prntscr.com/fb3acq

P.S. my name is Igor actually, not SIgor. :) S stand for the first letter of my surname. 

Woops! I knew it'd butcher your name. First up, I unfortunately cannot share this model as it is not owned by me personally. I imported the model using your recommended settings and it merged all the objects together into one, which was unfortunate - as my model consists of ~300 parts or so. 

Using your recommended exporting settings, I was unable to get any positive results. There are a lot of triangles, flipped normals, and randomly flipped edges everywhere. I will do my best to reach out to the original designer of these models and see if I can bring in additional file types and/or different export settings. Thank you guys for your time. I'll reply back when I have an update. 

1 person likes this

After looking through my archives from 15 months ago, I found a few 3D Engine models I was provided from work, and I decided to open them all to see if the same problems existed on all of them. Fortunately, the last model I looked at of the 5 I had looked much nicer! I was able to render it in Cinema4D and it had no triangles. So from the looks of things, changing the exporting settings on the CAD software can make all the difference. Unfortuantely, I don't know what those settings were but I now have a test case to prove that I've at least once received a qualitative model from them, so I know that with proper exporting settings I can get a good model to animate/texturize. I just wish I knew what those settings were. (Ideas on how to open two models and see what the export settings were retroactively?).

Anyways, video to summarize the thread and I'd like to thank you guys for your time thus far.

Case closed!  

1 person likes this

Great, please make sure if you ever find out those settings, to share them with us. That will be very helpful for many members here.