Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Cinema 4D Plugins

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

zinogino    0

Hello everyone, recently just discovered the awesomeness Fold My Design presets in Cinema4D. So decided to give it a try and managed to build my first custom box with ease and the UV is created by default as well which is awesome. However, one issue that I ran into is by adding bevels to the rigid edges and I'm confused on how do I get a nice bevel with the box generated with this preset? Tried set selection and bevel deformer but it doesn't work as expected.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Cerbera    1,120

I'd do it with SDS and manual control edge loops.

CBR

zinogino    0
10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I'd do it with SDS and manual control edge loops.

CBR

Thanks, I'll give it a try

deck    30

One of things you have to consider with that are any flaps you may have, they don't work well once you have merged and optimised your package after using the fold my design tool.

Cinevercity did a tut on this recently, the first thing they did was remove any flaps, then it all fits together when folded, with no extra flap polls in the corners, you can also add thickness at this point.

Deck

zinogino    0
5 hours ago, deck said:

One of things you have to consider with that are any flaps you may have, they don't work well once you have merged and optimised your package after using the fold my design tool.

Cinevercity did a tut on this recently, the first thing they did was remove any flaps, then it all fits together when folded, with no extra flap polls in the corners, you can also add thickness at this point.

Deck

Hi Deck,

Is this the one that you're mentioning about?
https://cineversity.com/vidplaytut/packaging_design_the_folding_flap_problem
I'll have a look at it, thanks!

deck    30

Yes that was it, your kind of caught between two options, keeping the die cut layout with fold my design, or changing it to a more traditional box model so you can do nice bevels and thickness etc. I think then it may mess up your original UV map too. No ideal solution as far as I know.

Deck

zinogino    0
3 hours ago, deck said:

Yes that was it, your kind of caught between two options, keeping the die cut layout with fold my design, or changing it to a more traditional box model so you can do nice bevels and thickness etc. I think then it may mess up your original UV map too. No ideal solution as far as I know.

Deck

Watched all of it, gonna do it manually now tho. Extrude my splines, rig/xpresso and UV map

deck    30

You can do the folding part however you like I guess, fold design or the cine way, I was also thinking of using joints.

Most interesting thing in the cine tut was the explanation about getting the scale correct from illustrator into cinema, i.e. ills 8 file is saved as postscript ( last before PDF apparently ) which is measured in pts ( 74 to inch ) so when he did his calculation on the scale it all came in correct size.

First time Ive heard that explained properly and V useful.

Gluk with it

Deck