Cinema 4D Plugins
Cinema 4D Plugins
stunamii

Easy Help - Extrude Circle - Convex Caps

4 posts in this topic

I am working on a simple breath mint model. I need some direction to achieve a convex surface from an extruded circle.
1. The shape is essentially a coin with a slight convex surface on both sides. The material is a chalky matte white.

2. The logo needs to be engraved into one side of the surface.

I have setup the file but am stuck on applying a mesh to curve the circle cap and how to get the logo inset into one side.

I have tried the fillet cap, but that method's curve is not right and too dramatic. I need ever so slight of a curve that I can adjust.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mint.c4d.zip

I'd throw away the circle spline / extrude etc, and make this from a Capsule primitive instead with proper modelling. That way you have nice even subdivision (except at the center) suitable for displacing the logo into later.

CBR

This is perfect advice. On it. Now for #2. I got the Boole function to work, but I do not know how to bend the logo perfectly on the convex surface.

4 hours ago, stunamii said:

This is perfect advice. On it. Now for #2. I got the Boole function to work, but I do not know how to bend the logo perfectly on the convex surface.

don't use boole for this , using a displacement map is easier and gives much nicer results