4.2.1 IPS upgrade and maintenance is in progress, please be patient while we working on resolving some problems! 

PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D
PixelPlow Render Farm for Cinema 4D

tinefuzine    2

Hi,

I am new to this and need some help for my next step in learning. I hope I will name everything right.

After I finished modeling all of my six objects I went to "BP UV Edit" menu, to make UV's. Firstly I used the "Paint Setup Wizard" tool with "single Material Mode" ON. One texture folder was created in my file folder. Everything good so far.

I have to click on every object to enter it's texture but I would like to have them all in one frame so I can make materials in Photoshop like attached picture. How can I do that?

Please help.

textures.jpg

Rectro    408

Hi

C4D Uv tools dont allow you to view multiple Uvs from individual objects at the same time.  If you have 6 separate objects and have their Uv Islands spaced out to share one UV space then merge the objects together, otherwise let  each object have more space for better quality textures.  If you still wish to work this way, then copy the objects and merge the copies together, then export a template from that if thats what you wish to do.

Dan

Rectro    408
32 minutes ago, tinefuzine said:

Ok,

if I understand correctly there is no way to create a texture like the one I attached without merging the objects? 

In order for you to have created 6 individual objects that share to same Uv space without overlapping you must have either had a bad time estimating where each island should be placed constantly switching between each object, made your Uvs in another app, or merged all objects together, then spit them after Uv mapping?

If you have 6 objects and somehow you did manage to Uv map each object to occupy the same Uv space without overlapping them in order to paint one single map in Photoshop you need to select all 6 objcts "you dont actually need to copy them, then right click and choose connect objects.  Your original ones will still be there but a copy is made with them all merged.  You then made a UV template from this.  How you make a uv template in C4D I cant remember, I know its a right pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d2pR-aczo

Dan

C4DS    88

While there is a way to do all this in Cinema 4D using its native tools only, I always found the whole UV unwrapping process needed better tools ... so I wrote my own.

For the new members having missed the introduction of my Seamilar plugin. Here's a quick demonstration of its multi object mode feature:

For more details, and background information:

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/topic/95805-seamilar-the-sequel/

tinefuzine    2
8 hours ago, Rectro said:

In order for you to have created 6 individual objects that share to same Uv space without overlapping you must have either had a bad time estimating where each island should be placed constantly switching between each object, made your Uvs in another app, or merged all objects together, then spit them after Uv mapping?

If you have 6 objects and somehow you did manage to Uv map each object to occupy the same Uv space without overlapping them in order to paint one single map in Photoshop you need to select all 6 objcts "you dont actually need to copy them, then right click and choose connect objects.  Your original ones will still be there but a copy is made with them all merged.  You then made a UV template from this.  How you make a uv template in C4D I cant remember, I know its a right pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d2pR-aczo

Dan

OK, I think I will just merge the objects and not complicate my life any further. I just don't get this "Single Material Mode" button, it makes no sense to me if you have to switch between the objects and guess where to put the islands then. It can take ages to do that.

Merging the objects and split it after Uv mapping is a great idea. It makes no sense whats so ever that Cinema guys expect you to do that, but ok, if that's the way forward it's (almost) fine with me.

Thank you for taking your time to help me, I really appreciate it!

Tine

7 minutes ago, C4DS said:

While there is a way to do all this in Cinema 4D using its native tools only, I always found the whole UV unwrapping process needed better tools ... so I wrote my own.

For the new members having missed the introduction of my Seamilar plugin. Here's a quick demonstration of its multi object mode feature:

For more details, and background information:

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/topic/95805-seamilar-the-sequel/

That's it! I will however have to earn some money before I can purchase it :/ Good job m8, thank you!