Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mistamista

Set selection tool shortcuts options?

• Topic Author
  • Hi all! This is probably a pretty amateur question, but I've yet to find the proper way to do it...so here we go.

Let's say that I have an editable sphere and I'm selecting certain polygon faces to map a material. After selecting the area I'd like to apply that material, I use "set selection". Nothing in question there, but when you DO set the selection, C4D automatically selects that polygon tag, and if you're working on a project at 3AM, it's pretty easy to accidentally set a new selection to the previous tag making the first selection disappear.

So, is there a way to have it release that tag so that I don't have to manually deselect the polygon tag selection while building selections to apply textures to?

Like I said, it's probably elementary, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm hoping for in the literature.

THANK YOU!!!

4 hours ago, mistamista said:

Like I said, it's probably elementary, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm hoping for in the literature.

you can select the polys , then drag the material on top in the viewport of them which will create a selection tag 

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, maliohammad said:

you can select the polys , then drag the material on top in the viewport of them which will create a selection tag 

This would be great except I typically texture after I've got all of my rigging and selection work out of the way....so it doesn't help in the heat of assigning selections. Any other ideas?

7 hours ago, bentraje said:

I'm not sure there is a way. Besides, deselecting a selection tag is only one key away :)

What key do you press to deselect a set selection tag? All I've found is a mouse click in an area devoid of tags. I'd love to know the key that you're speaking of. THAT would be great!

1 hour ago, mistamista said:

This would be great except I typically texture after I've got all of my rigging and selection work out of the way....so it doesn't help in the heat of assigning selections. Any other ideas?

8 hours ago, bentraje said:

you can use dummy materials (just white material to represent the texture ) then later replace it with the real material using alt +drag