omegatres

Knife tool not working properly

• Topic Author
  • I agree mine will only cut non gons. And you have to zoom out to get to do it right, so maybe keep zooming out. I also think it's a geometry bug. They said it would be a week or 2 for the next fix and they are well aware and are working hard to fix it.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:04 AM, omegatres said:

I agree mine will only cut non gons. And you have to zoom out to get to do it right, so maybe keep zooming out. I also think it's a geometry bug. They said it would be a week or 2 for the next fix and they are well aware and are working hard to fix it.

That's good to hear they are aware of it... I guess I keep using R16 untill then. 

Guest asystole

Just want to say I'm having the same issues. Cutting straight through the mesh with visible only on, or sometimes just refusing to make the cut at all. Long time C4D user and modeller, this knife tool is driving me insane. Is this supposed to be fixed in 18.048? I've just updated and I'm getting the same problems

50 minutes ago, asystole said:

Just want to say I'm having the same issues. Cutting straight through the mesh with visible only on, or sometimes just refusing to make the cut at all. Long time C4D user and modeller, this knife tool is driving me insane. Is this supposed to be fixed in 18.048? I've just updated and I'm getting the same problems

No, to everyone's continued disappointment, neither 18.41 or 18.48 fixed that problem. However, it is the only (line cut) problem remaining, and can be easily circumnavigated by selecting polygons and using 'restrict to selection' in the line cut settings, which does work every time. If you find that lines are not being cut, that is most likely to be a problem with the underlying geometry, sometimes a duplicate point, or a certain type of ngon can cause that.

CBR

• Like 1