Sign in to follow this  
coolcajun

Pixar's Renderman for C4D killed off?

It seems that Pixar killed development for its Cinema 4D plugin. It is no longer listed on the Renderman site. It could be that MAXON acquired it and will be bundling it with the Studio version which I will be upset about because I have the Broadcast Edition. 

^I thought that it was under development? But it integrates in C4D much tighter that would be great. I mean non-commercial license is free. 
Have you used RIS?

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it due to waning interest. I've been waiting close to 2 years for them to release it. I became impatient and moved onto investigating other renders in this time, notably Vray and RedShift.

With Cycles, Octane, Arnold and other renderers available, the render market is now getting a little crowded! 

Guest benr

Newly added to the Technical FAQ page:

What are your plans for a Cinema 4D plugin?

We’ve gotten some great feedback from early testers and believe that a different approach is required to deliver a useful and compelling RenderMan experience to C4D artists. We will provide an update when there is something concrete to share. Due to the significant overhaul of the plugin, we have delayed the release to provide the best possible user experience.

https://renderman.pixar.com/view/DP25847

On 6/2/2017 at 6:45 AM, SKaiser said:

I've been waiting close to 2 years for them to release it. I became impatient and moved onto investigating other renders in this time, notably Vray and RedShift.

Same.  I was really excited about the prospect, but I couldn't just sit and wait.  

it's an old post but

it's not an unbiased render, no?

what's the loss if any if there is no Renderman

who cares?

there is 3delight available at no cost and it's to my knowledge a Renderman compliant (whatever that means)