Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

3D-Pangel

Just now, virtualzapp said:

Arnold is already node based material editor like octane with the node editor.

Cheers

Regis

I mean the new interface that will be optimized for materials. 
Redshift also has the same nodes as Arnold, but the UI is based on XPresso.
Xpresso is a very old part of Cinema 4D and it is not the best option for that kind of workflow.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I just read something about nodal based materials ? Oh boy I cant wait for R19.... although I do not think it will have nodal based, there is a pretty good chance it will be implemented in R20, as every other third party render engine had found a way. I say.. lets open a R20 discussion already!

For those interested to test-drive the new Radeon Prorender render engine: it was just released today for Blender.

A manual is provided, and Blender is free - so here is your chance to check out Prorender now, while we wait for it to be integrated completely in C4d R20. No Mac version, though?

When you install Prorender for Blender, it will ask you to register to receive a key. No need for that, it is the same key for everyone: GPUOpen2016

http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/radeon-prorender-for-blender-and-solidworks-now-available/

Even a Cycles to Prorender material converter is provided, as well as a built-in material library.

Unfortunately my old GTX 590 GPU is blacklisted... :sad: I really need to get a GTX1080 soon :slysmile:

4 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

No material node system in R19 folks. My guess is it will come when the big core upgrade comes.

The core update was delivered in R16, there's no more excuses for MAXON. The core has been updated, the time to deliver is now!

HSrdelic confidently spoke of much bigger updates going forward but we've seen precious little evidence of this.

C$D is not short of render engines so it's completely surprising that MAXON should be focussing resources on yet another renderer when ALL of C$D's bottlenecks and ancient toolsets are seemingly years away from being updated.

Object management, single threaded in 2017, outdated and poorly performing Xpresso, fragmented dynamics system, appalling UV tools, I could go on! I'm not aware of any other top flight DCC application so completely atrophied and archaic but MAXON thinks we need yet another renderer? This is absurdity.

Seems to me that if MAXON is integrating Prorender in the next version, NOT integrating this with material nodes from the very start would be rather odd. It wouldn't make sense, would it? It is THE opportunity to implement material nodes - even though those might not work with the old internal renderer.

11 minutes ago, Cutman said:

Object management, single threaded in 2017, outdated and poorly performing Xpresso, fragmented dynamics system, appalling UV tools, I could go on! I'm not aware of any other top flight DCC application so completely atrophied and archaic but MAXON thinks we need yet another renderer? This is absurdity.

I agree with this. I still love C4D but since investing in other render engines and 3rd party plugins I could conceivably be still using R15 and not much would be different.

Speeding up object handling and in C4D dynamics would be huge for me.

• Hrvoje unfeatured this topic
  • Hrvoje unpinned this topic

Archived