Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

3D-Pangel

26 minutes ago, Sreckom said:

if you need some crazy stuff you will realize that only limitation is your knowledge and imagination

True, but I have Zbrush for that   :D

Call me crazy but I truly believe  Zbrush 5 will add particles and fluids to sculpt.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, luchifer said:

True, but I have Zbrush for that   :D

Call me crazy but I truly believe  Zbrush 5 will add particles and fluids to sculpt.

Your Crazy!  What ever they add, Im more than happy to be paying for it because Pixologic has just gave more and more, and now have given us super cool new tools for free, again, never paid for a upgrade ever.

Dan

16 hours ago, Vozzz said:

re:sidegrades: you can rent to own with cinema4D. and it actually turns out cheaper than buying and then paying MSA. so i don't get what people are complaining about. 

How so?

Are you talking about the short term licences? If so, they only reimburse you  75% of the short term price tag to purchase full package. 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:25 AM, Rectro said:

The character tools in Houdini do look awesome, and should I ever move from C4D that would be the direction for me.

To add to this I'd like to mention that they say the physics work perfect with the characters.  Have not tried it myself though I have seen videos of cloth and hair working well with the character animation.  In C4D simulation physics do not work as a part of a character animation rig.  In particular lets say you have some fat attached to a bone.  In C4D you can use the jiggle deformer which works but can't have outside objects interact with it.  Let's say we wanted a finger to poke whatever is jiggling.  It's impossible with the jiggle deformer.  Muscles kind of work, but never look quite right.  Cloth kind of looks right, but is glitchy if the character moves at all.  Hopefully Houdini can properly do physics with a character rig.

On a positive note in R18 of C4D I really enjoy the new preview of the reflection in the viewport.  It can help save a ton of time rendering.  As the viewport is now I find myself changing things and re-rendering much less than in R17.  While it's a step in the right direction there is still a lot they could do there.

16 hours ago, Fastbee said:

In C4D you can use the jiggle deformer which works but can't have outside objects interact with it.  Let's say we wanted a finger to poke whatever is jiggling.  It's impossible with the jiggle deformer

can you use a jiggle effector and collision deformer together to create the same result?

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

can you use a jiggle effector and collision deformer together to create the same result?

Yes you can, thats how iv done it, however its very hit miss, and get very jumpy results..  I use a selection set from the fingers to be a collision.

Dan

10 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

15 pages so far, took a while to read all this.

Well, I had a chat with someone who is privy with MAXON inner circle and got some interesting info. R19 will be solid with viewport 2.0 as it seems, but seems that R20 is the beast everyone is waiting for. Have no reason to doubt what I was told, but take it with grain of salt...

Matt

It would make sense to save the motherload of goodness for a nice round number I guess ;)

CBR

40 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

15 pages so far, took a while to read all this.

Well, I had a chat with someone who is privy with MAXON inner circle and got some interesting info. R19 will be solid with viewport 2.0 as it seems, but seems that R20 is the beast everyone is waiting for. Have no reason to doubt what I was told, but take it with grain of salt...

Matt

I agree. 

If viewport 2.0 means they've sorted the object handling that would be a tangible benefit but if viewport 2.0 is just 'pretty' that would amount to lipstick on a pig.

As far as R20 being 'The Big One' I'm not even sure what the big update everyone is waiting for any more but you can be sure this time next year someone on a forum will say R21 is going to be 'The Big One' the because it never actually arrives, it's always next year.

• Hrvoje unfeatured this topic
  • Hrvoje unpinned this topic

Archived