3D-Pangel

Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Honestly....the fact that MAXON hasn't announced R19 before Siggraph is not a good sign.

We will soon find out.    I will keep MSA till r20 and if that dont deliver to the point I can sell my MODO licence then Im out of the upgrade path for C4D

I buy what I use, sell what I dont, and upgrade what offers some benefit. 

Dan

Guest GregD
1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Honestly....the fact that MAXON hasn't announced R19 before Siggraph is not a good sign.  

If the AMD ad that 3DKiwi posted is correct... "You'll get a first taste of what's developing in Cinema 4D Release 19 this autumn"... which means it could be another couple of months.

MAXON is not bound to show R19 before or on Siggraph at all..they have time till September, but i think they will show something in the next few days!

They're not bound or obligated to show anything, but it's what virtually the entire user community expects every year.

Either way it certainly would be a missed opportunity and a sign of concern if they're still showing R18 + the Pro Render thing in R19 and nothing else.

3 hours ago, nightlight said:

MAXON is not bound to show R19 before or on Siggraph at all..they have time till September, but i think they will show something in the next few days!

I agree. If there is a delay I suspect it will be due to pushing a feature or two from the R20 cycle forward into R19. But I don't expect a delay. 

6 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Honestly....the fact that MAXON hasn't announced R19 before Siggraph is not a good sign.   Given the costs of a booth at Siggraph, if MAXON was proud of the new features in R19 then they would have announced it by now to create buzz and foot traffic.

Come on guys, this attitude doesnt help at all:

- A year ago MAXON posted a blog about improvements on Bodypaint and a new partnertship with AMD

- MAXON previewed Bodypaint and opened a Beta testing for it.

- MAXON previewed AMD Prorender.

- MAXON also posted a blog before Siggraph talking about the future.

People reaction: We dont have a roadmap. MAXON dont talk to us, they must be embarrased of R19

Am I missing something here?

Its no wonder why Srek left.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrittman said:

They also said these viewport updates for BodyPaint 3D were coming within the R18 lifecycle. Now R19 is just around the corner. Does that mean R18 won't get these updates now?

They did a public beta testing of Bodypaint, so who knows? perhaps based on people's feedback they had to push back the updates? I didnt participated so I cant tell.

R19 should be announced by MAXON sometime in the next 24 hours after Siggraph has started and around midday German time on Monday 31 July when the marketing dept is at work and can make the R19 pages visible on their web site. As usual there will be a launch by MAXON USA at Siggraph. 

Re Bodypaint. We're still in the R18 cycle until September when R19 ships so there's still time yet for it to be included. Bit of a yawn if you ask me.

The main new feature in R19 is AmdProrender. People expecting UV tool enhancements / faster object handling are going to have to wait until R20.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3DKiwi said:

The main new feature in R19 is AmdProrender. 

The main feature is a free render engine.
Well.
MAXON has a good sense of humor.

4 hours ago, luchifer said:

Come on guys, this attitude doesnt help at all:

- A year ago MAXON posted a blog about improvements on Bodypaint and a new partnertship with AMD

- MAXON previewed Bodypaint and opened a Beta testing for it.

- MAXON previewed AMD Prorender.

- MAXON also posted a blog before Siggraph talking about the future.

People reaction: We dont have a roadmap. MAXON dont talk to us, they must be embarrased of R19

Am I missing something here?

Its no wonder why Srek left.

Meh. Honestly I don't know where the idea came from that people expect an announcement BEFORE  Siggraph — I certainly don't / never have. Someone said that and there's where the "it must be because R19..." posts came from. Those are wrong IMO. Roadmap stuff is out of left field, someone just tacked that on there for no apparent reason. Shouldn't even be brought up.

My only point earlier is if MAXON were to not announce much of anything about R19 this week, that would be a litle strange — big release or small release, SIGGRAPH is the venue for C4D traditionally. Honestly unless something were very wrong timing-wise compared to the normal cycle, I can't really think of a reason why they'd not do the full announcement in the next 24 hours. Nothing stopped them in the past from announcing, whether big changes or not. Not sure why they'd change now.

In any case we should have something here within about 12 hours. I urge everyone to just keep calm no matter what happens. lol