3D-Pangel

Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

If you are using it professionally people tend to keep using the current release until they are convinced the new release is ready. I expect in most cases both will be installed

They are handled by the computer as separate programs so R19 will not wipe R18

People here are pretty good at predictions. Plenty of cool stuff in R19 but not what the loudest users have been asking for.

Simplicity - Clarity of Expression

Well, this release for me is awsome.  I have a huge grin on my face, the weighting mirror is sorted, and now long awaited to C4D is Pose space morphs.  That alone is enough for me, this is going to make a big difference to me.  Iv not looked at anything else yet, but that has made my day.

Thank you MAXON, great job.

Dan

Well, all in all it's a packed update. More so than Modo/Maya this year. I really liked the changing on the demo to have a watermark, but the possibility of rendering a larger size image.

Edit: MAXON decided to beat me up with my own words. If you buy Cinema 4D today, you get the MSA for free. If only I had the money. :)

https://www.MAXON.net/en/news/MAXON-news/article/buy-cinema-4d-r18-now-and-save-triple/

The Hardware OpenGL Renderer, LOD Object Houdini Engine support are the standout features for me and will have me buying the M$A again.

Forget GPU rendering Hardware OpenGL or nextgen API viewport rendering is the future and I hope this continues to get some serious attention in future updates to bring volumetrics and as a heavy user of Sketch and Toon I'd love to see the viewport be 100% perfect representation of S&T.

ProRender looks nice but very sluggish from the demos and I doubt it was running of low end hardware. I think we need hardware specs and benchmarks ASAP.

There's no hint of core changes to things like Xpresso/TP which is what I really want to see. If the new core speeds up object handling like it appears to have sped up media handling it will be impressive but will the toolset be deep enough? I don't see much evidence of that.

The Sound effector looks well thought out and looks exactly what I needed a year ago for a project where I was visualising a person's synaesthesia. It would've been very useful. But it's just one effector...

Someone start the R20 thread, this R19 thread is so yesterday.

Just wish it was not expensive to get back into C4D, by far most comfortable and favorite but too expensive for Studio as a hobbyist :(

38 minutes ago, luchifer said:

Voronoi Fracture enhancements seal the deal for me... count me in for R19.

You could've bought NitroMoFracture a year ago which already has a good many of these features for $40.

I wonder if Nitroman coded the Vornoi enhancement...?

I won't be buying anymore Nitroman plugins if they're just going to turn up with a facelift in the next C4D release.

I wasn't excited by the official announcement page at first, but as I watched the Cineversity videos, I started getting excited about it. So many, well thought-out, new things.

Can I use the Glue and Connectors with cloners and normal Fracture objects?