Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

On 7/28/2017 at 9:01 AM, Unmastered said:

Also keep in mind that today, apart from Houdini (and not really if you count Indie), Cinema 4D is the most expensive DCC out there.

I'm a Bodypaint user and I was disappointed about how few improvements are available to Prime and Bodypaint. But I understand it - MAXON can't win one way or the other. If most of the new features are available to the lower cost versions, Studio users complain that they're being overcharged. If they're not available to Prime and Bodypaint customers, MAXON gets criticized from the other direction.

I'll be happy with the new viewport and I expect that next time around many of the new features such as UV tools will be for Bodypaint. So, I'll wait.

(not quite sure how that quote got attached to my post)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CINEMA 4Ds SDK (Software Development Kit) is changing constantly. This has to be done to reflect new functionality and changes under the hood. While we try to keep the SDK as stable as possible, from

That was the original intent of the first post on this thread.  Can anyone point out where the core is in action on past releases up to and including R18.  I was hoping Fritz would be able to elaborat

I remember people complaining before R18, saying it would bring minor updates.. and we got an enhanced knife tool plus fracture and some other goodies. The "handful of random updates" I got every year

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, arail said:

I'll be happy with the new viewport.

Being able to paint directly in the OpenGL viewport with all of its new realtime rendering abilities is going to be pretty cool I think.

5 hours ago, hvanderwegen said:

I mean, ProRender was developed by AMD, so MAXON got a new render engine for 'free' - and wasn't ProRender for "Everyone"?

Free software doesn't integrate itself for free into a product. It doesn't automagically connect itself to the object system, animation system, material system, ... It also doesn't test itself or designs it own User Interfaces and workflows!

1 hour ago, blutz said:

Free software doesn't integrate itself for free into a product. It doesn't automagically connect itself to the object system, animation system, material system, ... It also doesn't test itself or designs it own User Interfaces and workflows!

Heheh. That's the other kind of "not free". Don't you guys have to license some of that AMD tech to use it in C4D?

Re ProRender. Even me as a critic of MAXON doesn't have a problem with them only having it in the higher versions of Cinema 4D. It would have taken a lot of developer time with plenty more yet to come. That time has to be paid for.

AMD and The Foundry have announced ProRender coming for Modo as well. People will need to upgrade to the latest version of Modo to get when it comes out.

2 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

AMD and The Foundry have announced ProRender coming for Modo as well. People will need to upgrade to the latest version of Modo to get when it comes out.

It's a good news, more support for ProRender is a good sign for the future of this renderer.

7 hours ago, blutz said:

I apologize for that thoughtless comment - I happened to be in a foul mood when I wrote it (for other reasons - life and stuff). Never post when negative emotions are coursing through one's mind...

Be that as it may, I would have liked to see ProRender made available to Prime, but it is what it is. I've been playing with ProRender in Blender, and it is fun!

6 hours ago, Edouard said:

It's a good news, more support for ProRender is a good sign for the future of this renderer.

I agree. That is a really good sign that it's getting wide adoption. AMD has been kicking ass this year. It's about time (overdue really) but glad to see it.

And even I agree. It's great that both C4D and Modo are getting Prorender. The more mainstream 3D applications using it the better for everyone. I'll wait until it's out and look at upgrading my graphics card once I see how other people are getting on using it and what GPU they are using to get good results. I reckon an 8gb card at least.

• Hrvoje unpinned this topic